Please contact us
for GSA pricing.
Recent Training Venues
Accelebrate has recently trained for clients in the following cities:
- Huntsville, Alabama
- Montgomery / Birmingham, Alabama
- Anchorage, Alaska
- Edmonton & Calgary, Alberta
- Phoenix, Arizona
- Tucson, Arizona
- Fayetteville / Little Rock, Arkansas
- Amsterdam, The Netherlands / Brussels, Belgium
- Vancouver, British Columbia
- Oakland / San Jose / San Francisco, California
- Sacramento, California
- San Diego, California
- Orange County / Los Angeles, California
- Boulder / Colorado Springs / Denver, Colorado
- Washington, DC
- Wilmington, Delaware
- Manchester / London, England
- Orlando, Florida
- Fort Lauderdale / Miami, Florida
- Jacksonville, Florida
- Saint Petersburg / Tampa, Florida
- Alpharetta & Atlanta, Georgia
- Augusta & Savannah, Georgia
- Boise, Idaho
- Chicago, Illinois
- Indianapolis, Indiana
- Cedar Rapids / Des Moines, Iowa
- Dublin, Ireland
- Wichita, Kansas
- Lexington / Louisville, Kentucky
- Baton Rouge/New Orleans, Louisiana
- Portland, Maine
- Hagerstown & Frederick, Maryland
- Annapolis / Baltimore, Maryland
- Boston / Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Hartford, Connecticut / Springfield, Massachusetts
- Ann Arbor / Detroit, Michigan
- Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Saint Paul / Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Jackson, Mississippi
- St. Louis, Missouri
- Kansas City, Missouri
- Lincoln / Omaha, Nebraska
- Reno and Las Vegas, Nevada
- Fredericton / Moncton / Saint John, New Brunswick
- Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Princeton, New Jersey & Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Albany, New York
- Buffalo, New York
- White Plains / New York City, New York
- Charlotte, North Carolina
- Durham / Raleigh, North Carolina
- Canton / Akron, Ohio
- Cincinnati, Ohio
- Cleveland & Columbus, Ohio
- Dayton, Ohio
- Tulsa / Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Toronto, Ontario
- Portland, Oregon
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Providence, Rhode Island
- Saskatoon / Regina, Saskatchewan
- Edinburgh / Glasgow, Scotland
- Columbia & Charleston, South Carolina
- Spartanburg & Greenville, South Carolina
- Knoxville, Tennessee
- Memphis / Nashville, Tennessee
- Houston, Texas
- El Paso, Texas
- San Antonio / Austin, Texas
- Dallas, Texas
- Salt Lake City, Utah
- Fairfax / Dulles / McLean / Herndon / Reston, Virginia
- Richmond / Alexandria / Arlington, Virginia
- Virginia Beach / Norfolk, Virginia
- Tacoma / Seattle, Washington
- Charleston, West Virginia
- Madison / Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Ajax Training: Introduction to Ajax for Managers
view class outline
Ajax for Managers Training Overview
Location and Pricing
Most Accelebrate courses are taught on-site at our clients' locations worldwide for groups of 3 or more attendees and are customized to their specific needs. Please visit our client list to see organizations for whom we have recently delivered training. These courses can also be delivered as live, private online classes for groups that are geographically dispersed or wish to save on the instructor's or students' travel expenses. To receive a customized proposal and price quote private training at your site or online, please contact us.
In addition, some courses are available as live, online classes for individuals. To see a schedule of online courses, please visit http://www.accelebrate.com/online_training/?action=category&page=ajax.
Alternative Course: Introduction to Ajax Development
If your group needs an intensive, four-day class on the mechanics and practice of Ajax development, we encourage you to consider Accelebrate's Introduction to Ajax Development course.
Ajax for Managers Training Prerequisites
- No prior experience with Ajax is presumed.
- Prior exposure to web development technologies is strongly recommended.
Software Needed on Each Student PC
- Since this session is a one-day, interactive discussion with extensive live demonstrations by the instructor, no software other than a modern web browser (IE 7 or later, Safari 2 or later, or Firefox 3 or later) is needed on each Mac or PC.
Ajax for Managers Training Objective
- To understand how Ajax applications differ from classic web applications
- To identify how Ajax could be used within your organization.
- To learn "in plain English" the roles of core Ajax technologies such as XHTML, CSS, JavaScropt, DOM, the XmlHttpRequestObject, JSON, and XSLT.
- To explore the advantages and disadvantages of the leading, emerging Ajax frameworks and development tools.
Ajax for Managers Training Outline
- An Overview of Ajax
- Brief Terminology definitions - Ajax, REST, DOM, Web 2.0 (just a brief high-level overview suitable for product folks and high-level tech managers)
- Why does Ajax/REST/Web 2.0 matter? A brief overview of the types of applications that are being built with Ajax and the target markets.
- How the design of Ajax applications differs from traditional web applications
- How Ajax integrates with server-side applications and frameworks
- Ajax: The Technical Details
- A tour of the mechanics of Ajax – how requests are sent to the server and how data is retrieved and displayed
- Using XML
- Working with some of the leading Ajax- and DHTML-related libraries
- Dojo and Rico
- Consuming RSS and REST data via Ajax
- Overview of RSS and REST
- Using XSLT to convert RSS and REST data to XHTML
- Integrating your web apps with third party applications via those third parties' Ajax APIs (with a mapping example from Yahoo Maps)
Java® and all Java-based marks are registered trademarks of the Oracle Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
MySQL™ and all MySQL-based marks are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sun Microsystems, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the U.S. and other countries.
Focuses on You!
Accelebrate’s courses are taught for private groups of 3 or more people at your site or online anywhere worldwide.
Don't settle for a "one size fits all" public class! Have Accelebrate deliver exactly the training you want, privately at your site or online, for less than the cost of a public class.
For pricing and to learn more, please contact us via information request form or phone, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org today.