Please contact us
for GSA pricing.
Recent Training Venues
Accelebrate has recently trained for clients in the following cities:
- Huntsville, Alabama
- Montgomery / Birmingham, Alabama
- Anchorage, Alaska
- Edmonton & Calgary, Alberta
- Phoenix, Arizona
- Tucson, Arizona
- Fayetteville / Little Rock, Arkansas
- Amsterdam, The Netherlands / Brussels, Belgium
- Vancouver, British Columbia
- Oakland / San Jose / San Francisco, California
- Sacramento, California
- San Diego, California
- Orange County / Los Angeles, California
- Boulder / Colorado Springs / Denver, Colorado
- Washington, DC
- Wilmington, Delaware
- Manchester / London, England
- Orlando, Florida
- Fort Lauderdale / Miami, Florida
- Jacksonville, Florida
- Saint Petersburg / Tampa, Florida
- Alpharetta & Atlanta, Georgia
- Augusta & Savannah, Georgia
- Boise, Idaho
- Chicago, Illinois
- Indianapolis, Indiana
- Cedar Rapids / Des Moines, Iowa
- Dublin, Ireland
- Wichita, Kansas
- Lexington / Louisville, Kentucky
- Baton Rouge/New Orleans, Louisiana
- Portland, Maine
- Hagerstown & Frederick, Maryland
- Annapolis / Baltimore, Maryland
- Boston / Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Hartford, Connecticut / Springfield, Massachusetts
- Ann Arbor / Detroit, Michigan
- Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Saint Paul / Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Jackson, Mississippi
- St. Louis, Missouri
- Kansas City, Missouri
- Lincoln / Omaha, Nebraska
- Reno and Las Vegas, Nevada
- Fredericton / Moncton / Saint John, New Brunswick
- Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Princeton, New Jersey & Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Albany, New York
- Buffalo, New York
- White Plains / New York City, New York
- Charlotte, North Carolina
- Durham / Raleigh, North Carolina
- Canton / Akron, Ohio
- Cincinnati, Ohio
- Cleveland & Columbus, Ohio
- Dayton, Ohio
- Tulsa / Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Toronto, Ontario
- Portland, Oregon
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Providence, Rhode Island
- Saskatoon / Regina, Saskatchewan
- Edinburgh / Glasgow, Scotland
- Columbia & Charleston, South Carolina
- Spartanburg & Greenville, South Carolina
- Knoxville, Tennessee
- Memphis / Nashville, Tennessee
- Houston, Texas
- El Paso, Texas
- San Antonio / Austin, Texas
- Dallas, Texas
- Salt Lake City, Utah
- Fairfax / Dulles / McLean / Herndon / Reston, Virginia
- Richmond / Alexandria / Arlington, Virginia
- Virginia Beach / Norfolk, Virginia
- Tacoma / Seattle, Washington
- Charleston, West Virginia
- Madison / Milwaukee, Wisconsin
XML Programming Using Java Training
view class outline
XML Using Java Training Overview
Accelebrate's XML Programming Using Java class builds skills in Java's XML processing APIs – chiefly parsing using SAX and DOM and transformations using XSLT, all using the Java API for XML Processing, or JAXP. It also covers the newer Java API for XML Binding, or JAXB, which standardizes serialization according to XML Schema. The course is intended for students with a working knowledge of XML – and possibly DTDs or XML Schema – who want to build XML applications or components using the Java language. Everything in the course adheres to W3C and Java® standards for completely portable code.
Location and Pricing
Most Accelebrate courses are taught on-site at our clients' locations worldwide for groups of 3 or more attendees and are customized to their specific needs. Please visit our client list to see organizations for whom we have recently delivered training. These courses can also be delivered as live, private online classes for groups that are geographically dispersed or wish to save on the instructor's or students' travel expenses. To receive a customized proposal and price quote private training at your site or online, please contact us.
In addition, some courses are available as live, online classes for individuals. To see a schedule of online courses, please visit http://www.accelebrate.com/online_training/?action=categorygroup&page=java.
XML Using Java Training Prerequisites
- Experience in Java Programming, including object-oriented Java and the Java streams model, is essential.
- Basic understanding of XML is required.
- XML Schema is used peripherally in the course, and knowledge of this technology will be helpful, but is not required.
This class is 70% hands-on, 30% lecture, with the longest lecture segments lasting for 20 minutes.
XML Using Java Training Materials
All students receive a copy of Addison-Wesley Professional's Processing XML with Java: A Guide to SAX, DOM, JDOM, JAXP, and TrAX, which is used as the instructional guide for the course, as well as related courseware.
Software Needed on Each PC
- Java SE SDK 1.6.0 or later (a version of this course for Java SE SDK 1.4.2 or later is available upon request)
- The Java tool the students are likely to use after the class (if no tool has been selected, a good free tool is Eclipse, downloadable from http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/).
- If desired, a third-party XML editor such as XMLSpy.
XML Using Java Training Objectives
- Understand the use of SAX and DOM APIs for XML parsing.
- Understand the need for JAXP as an additional layer to the standard contract between applications and parsers.
- Parse element and attribute content, processing instructions, and other document information using SAX.
- Parse documents using the DOM.
- Modify, create and delete information in an XML document using the DOM.
- Write simple and complex queries into XML document content using XPath.
- Use XSLT for XML-to-XML, XML-to-HTML, or XML-to-text transformations.
- Build standalone and web applications that build on XSLT transformation logic.
- Use JAXB to generate persistent Java object models based on XML Schema.
- Implement XML persistence using the JAXB.
JBoss®, EAP® (Enterprise Application Platform) and Hibernate® are registered trademarks of Red Hat, Inc. Accelebrate, Inc. has no affiliation with Red Hat, Inc. and no courses offered by Accelebrate, Inc. are endorsed by Red Hat, Inc. in any way.
Java® and all Java-based marks are registered trademarks of the Oracle Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
WebSphere® is a registered trademark of IBM. Accelebrate, Inc. has no affiliation with IBM.
Focuses on You!
Accelebrate’s courses are taught for private groups of 3 or more people at your site or online anywhere worldwide.
Don't settle for a "one size fits all" public class! Have Accelebrate deliver exactly the training you want, privately at your site or online, for less than the cost of a public class.
For pricing and to learn more, please contact us via information request form or phone, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org today.