Please contact us
for GSA pricing.
Recent Training Venues
Accelebrate has recently trained for clients in the following cities:
- Huntsville, Alabama
- Montgomery / Birmingham, Alabama
- Anchorage, Alaska
- Edmonton & Calgary, Alberta
- Phoenix, Arizona
- Tucson, Arizona
- Fayetteville / Little Rock, Arkansas
- Amsterdam, The Netherlands / Brussels, Belgium
- Vancouver, British Columbia
- Oakland / San Jose / San Francisco, California
- Sacramento, California
- San Diego, California
- Orange County / Los Angeles, California
- Boulder / Colorado Springs / Denver, Colorado
- Washington, DC
- Wilmington, Delaware
- Manchester / London, England
- Orlando, Florida
- Fort Lauderdale / Miami, Florida
- Jacksonville, Florida
- Saint Petersburg / Tampa, Florida
- Alpharetta & Atlanta, Georgia
- Augusta & Savannah, Georgia
- Boise, Idaho
- Chicago, Illinois
- Indianapolis, Indiana
- Cedar Rapids / Des Moines, Iowa
- Dublin, Ireland
- Wichita, Kansas
- Lexington / Louisville, Kentucky
- Baton Rouge/New Orleans, Louisiana
- Portland, Maine
- Hagerstown & Frederick, Maryland
- Annapolis / Baltimore, Maryland
- Boston / Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Hartford, Connecticut / Springfield, Massachusetts
- Ann Arbor / Detroit, Michigan
- Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Saint Paul / Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Jackson, Mississippi
- St. Louis, Missouri
- Kansas City, Missouri
- Lincoln / Omaha, Nebraska
- Reno and Las Vegas, Nevada
- Fredericton / Moncton / Saint John, New Brunswick
- Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Princeton, New Jersey & Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Albany, New York
- Buffalo, New York
- White Plains / New York City, New York
- Charlotte, North Carolina
- Durham / Raleigh, North Carolina
- Canton / Akron, Ohio
- Cincinnati, Ohio
- Cleveland & Columbus, Ohio
- Dayton, Ohio
- Tulsa / Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Toronto, Ontario
- Portland, Oregon
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Providence, Rhode Island
- Saskatoon / Regina, Saskatchewan
- Edinburgh / Glasgow, Scotland
- Columbia & Charleston, South Carolina
- Spartanburg & Greenville, South Carolina
- Knoxville, Tennessee
- Memphis / Nashville, Tennessee
- Houston, Texas
- El Paso, Texas
- San Antonio / Austin, Texas
- Dallas, Texas
- Salt Lake City, Utah
- Fairfax / Dulles / McLean / Herndon / Reston, Virginia
- Richmond / Alexandria / Arlington, Virginia
- Virginia Beach / Norfolk, Virginia
- Tacoma / Seattle, Washington
- Charleston, West Virginia
- Madison / Milwaukee, Wisconsin
jQuery, jQuery UI and jQuery Mobile are efforts of the jQuery Project, a member of the non-profit Software Freedom Conservancy.
jQuery Mobile Training: Introduction to jQuery Mobile Development
view class outline
jQuery Mobile Training Overview
Accelebrate's Introduction to jQuery Mobile Development training course introduces participants to the fundamentals of creating mobile sites with the jQuery Mobile framework. Attendees will learn about the basic structure of a jQuery Mobile page, how to implement commonly used page components like headers, footers, toolbars, buttons, lists, dialogs, form controls and multi-column layouts. Additional topics include the jQuery Mobile navigation model, managing transitions between pages, theming and responding to touchscreen events like tap and swipe.
This course is current to jQuery Mobile 1.x.
Accelebrate also offers DOM Scripting and Ajax with jQuery training and Creating User Interfaces Using jQuery UI training.
Location and Pricing
Most Accelebrate courses are taught on-site at our clients' locations worldwide for groups of 3 or more attendees and are customized to their specific needs. Please visit our client list to see organizations for whom we have recently delivered training. These courses can also be delivered as live, private online classes for groups that are geographically dispersed or wish to save on the instructor's or students' travel expenses. To receive a customized proposal and price quote private training at your site or online, please contact us.
In addition, some courses are available as live, online classes for individuals. To see a schedule of online courses, please visit http://www.accelebrate.com/online_training/?action=category&page=jquery.
jQuery Mobile Training Prerequisites
Accelebrate's DOM Scripting and Ajax with jQuery course or equivalent experience. If attendees will not have a basic knowledge of jQuery, please let us know and we will precede this course with a one-day jQuery primer.
This jQuery Mobile training class is 80% hands-on, 20% lecture, with the longest lecture segments lasting for 10 minutes. Students "learn by doing" with immediate opportunities to apply the material they learn to real-world problems.
jQuery Mobile Training Materials
All students receive a copy a copy of O'Reilly's JQuery Mobile, as well as a course manual and electronic copies of the class files.
Software Needed on Each Student PC
- iOS version 4 or higher
- BlackBerry OS version 6 or higher
- Android version 2 or higher
- Windows Mobile 7 or higher
However, jQuery Mobile pages are also viewable with any of the following desktop browsers:
- Internet Explorer 7 or higher
- Firefox 3 or higher with the Firebug plugin installed
- Safari 5 or higher
jQuery Mobile Training Objectives
All students will learn to:
- Properly incorporate jQuery Mobile into a document, overriding the framework's default settings where needed.
- Define jQuery Mobile pages and deploy pages in multiple files or a single document.
- Publish sites and applications built with jQuery Mobile components such as toolbars, list views, form controls, buttons and dialogs.
- Respond to user-driven events like tapping and swiping.
- Describe the jQuery Mobile theming framework and customize a theme to meet design requirements.
jQuery Mobile Training Outline
- Getting Started with jQuery Mobile
- Downloading the Most Recent Version of jQuery Mobile
- Overriding Framework Defaults
- jQuery Mobile Page Structure
- Page Anatomy: Header, Footer and Content Sections
- Header and Footer Toolbars
- Bundling Pages into a Single Document
- Navigating Between Pages
- The jQuery Mobile Navigation Model
- Navigation Links
- Form Submissions
- Applying Different Theme Swatches
- Page Initialization Events
- jQuery Mobile Page Components
- Basic Content Formatting
- List Views
- Ordered and Unordered Lists
- Inset Lists
- Lists with Links
- Nested Lists
- Lists with Icons or Thumbnail Images
- Split Button Lists
- List Dividers
- Search Filters
- Count Bubbles
- List Theming
- Form Controls
- Text Inputs
- Search Inputs
- Radio Buttons
- Select Menus
- Flip Toggle Switches
- Range Sliders
- Form Theming
- Buttons and Toolbars
- Ways to Make a Button
- Placing Icons on Your Buttons
- Inline Buttons
- Button Groupings
- Navigation Toolbars
- Button and Toolbar Theming
- Multi-Column Layout
- Collapsible Content
- Responding to Events
- Touch Events: tap, taphold, swipe, swipeleft and swiperight
- Orientation Change Events
- Scroll Events
- Page Display Events
- jQuery Mobile Theming Framework
- Use of CSS3
- Palette of Color Swatches
- Icon Sprites
- Dynamically Changing Themes
Java® and all Java-based marks are registered trademarks of the Oracle Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
MySQL™ and all MySQL-based marks are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sun Microsystems, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the U.S. and other countries.
Focuses on You!
Accelebrate’s courses are taught for private groups of 3 or more people at your site or online anywhere worldwide.
Don't settle for a "one size fits all" public class! Have Accelebrate deliver exactly the training you want, privately at your site or online, for less than the cost of a public class.
For pricing and to learn more, please contact us via information request form or phone, or email us at email@example.com today.