Please contact us
for GSA pricing.
Recent Training Venues
Accelebrate has recently trained for clients in the following cities:
- Huntsville, Alabama
- Montgomery / Birmingham, Alabama
- Anchorage, Alaska
- Edmonton & Calgary, Alberta
- Phoenix, Arizona
- Tucson, Arizona
- Fayetteville / Little Rock, Arkansas
- Amsterdam, The Netherlands / Brussels, Belgium
- Vancouver, British Columbia
- Oakland / San Jose / San Francisco, California
- Sacramento, California
- San Diego, California
- Orange County / Los Angeles, California
- Boulder / Colorado Springs / Denver, Colorado
- Washington, DC
- Wilmington, Delaware
- Manchester / London, England
- Orlando, Florida
- Fort Lauderdale / Miami, Florida
- Jacksonville, Florida
- Saint Petersburg / Tampa, Florida
- Alpharetta & Atlanta, Georgia
- Augusta & Savannah, Georgia
- Boise, Idaho
- Chicago, Illinois
- Indianapolis, Indiana
- Cedar Rapids / Des Moines, Iowa
- Dublin, Ireland
- Wichita, Kansas
- Lexington / Louisville, Kentucky
- Baton Rouge/New Orleans, Louisiana
- Portland, Maine
- Hagerstown & Frederick, Maryland
- Annapolis / Baltimore, Maryland
- Boston / Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Hartford, Connecticut / Springfield, Massachusetts
- Ann Arbor / Detroit, Michigan
- Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Saint Paul / Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Jackson, Mississippi
- St. Louis, Missouri
- Kansas City, Missouri
- Lincoln / Omaha, Nebraska
- Reno and Las Vegas, Nevada
- Fredericton / Moncton / Saint John, New Brunswick
- Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Princeton, New Jersey & Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Albany, New York
- Buffalo, New York
- White Plains / New York City, New York
- Charlotte, North Carolina
- Durham / Raleigh, North Carolina
- Canton / Akron, Ohio
- Cincinnati, Ohio
- Cleveland & Columbus, Ohio
- Dayton, Ohio
- Tulsa / Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Toronto, Ontario
- Portland, Oregon
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Providence, Rhode Island
- Saskatoon / Regina, Saskatchewan
- Edinburgh / Glasgow, Scotland
- Columbia & Charleston, South Carolina
- Spartanburg & Greenville, South Carolina
- Knoxville, Tennessee
- Memphis / Nashville, Tennessee
- Houston, Texas
- El Paso, Texas
- San Antonio / Austin, Texas
- Dallas, Texas
- Salt Lake City, Utah
- Fairfax / Dulles / McLean / Herndon / Reston, Virginia
- Richmond / Alexandria / Arlington, Virginia
- Virginia Beach / Norfolk, Virginia
- Tacoma / Seattle, Washington
- Charleston, West Virginia
- Madison / Milwaukee, Wisconsin
JSF Training: Introduction to JavaServer Faces training
view class outline
Looking for JSF 2.0 versions of these courses?
JSF Training Overview
Sun's JavaServer Faces (JSF) technology simplifies the creation of user interfaces for Java™ web applications. In this hands-on class, attendees learn how to rapidly build JSF applications.
We also offer an Advanced JavaServer Faces class.
Location and Pricing
Most Accelebrate courses are taught on-site at our clients' locations worldwide for groups of 3 or more attendees and are customized to their specific needs. Please visit our client list to see organizations for whom we have recently delivered training. These courses can also be delivered as live, private online classes for groups that are geographically dispersed or wish to save on the instructor's or students' travel expenses. To receive a customized proposal and price quote private training at your site or online, please contact us.
In addition, some courses are available as live, online classes for individuals. To see a schedule of online courses, please visit http://www.accelebrate.com/online_training/?action=category&page=jsf.
JSF Training Prerequisites
All attendees should have a solid foundation in Java® programming and prior hands-on experience developing JavaServer Pages. Beyond this, the class can be customized to any level of Java and JSP familiarity.
This class is 70% hands-on, 30% lecture, with the longest lecture segments lasting for 20 minutes.
JSF Training Materials
All JSF training students receive a copy of Prentice-Hall's Core JavaServer Faces, related courseware, and copies of all files developed during the class.
Software Needed on Each Student PC
- Java SE SDK 1.5, 1.6 or later
- Optionally, the Eclipse Web Tools platform (free download from http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/)
- Lab files that Accelebrate would provide (which include Tomcat, a database, code files, and more)
- Modern web browser
Note: This outline presumes that Apache Tomcat will be used as the platform for this class. However, all code taught will run on any Java platform, including SunONE, BEA WebLogic, and IBM WebSphere. If preferred, these platforms can be used as the test servers during class.
JSF Training Objectives
- To understand the purpose and scope of the JSF architecture
- To build Web applications using JSF's FacesServlet, faces-config.xml, and the JSF request/response lifecycle.
- To use the JSF custom tag libraries to build JSF views as JSPs.
- To use managed beans to encapsulate not only server-side form handling but also client-side presentation logic.
- To implement control logic as JSF event listeners or action methods.
- To use validators and converters to implement a validation phase for a JSF application.
JSF Training Outline
- Java EE and Web Applications
- Perspectives: Servlets and JSP
- The Model/View/Controller Pattern
- Perspectives: MVC Frameworks
- The Command Pattern
- Perspectives: AWT and JFC
- JSF Value Proposition
- JSF Configuration
- Lifecycle and Page Navigation
- The JSF Request/Response Cycle
- Lifecycle Phases
- The FacesContext Class
- Who Does What
- View Selection
- Navigation Rules
- User Interface Components
- The Composite View Pattern
- The UIComponent Class
- Behavioral Interfaces
- The Core and HTML Tag Libraries
- Relationship to CSS
- ID, Client ID, and Label
- The UISelectItem(s) Class
- Navigating the UI Tree
- Managed Beans
- JavaBeans and JSF
- Backing Beans
- The Factory Pattern
- Managed Beans
- Coarse-Grained Beans
- The Unified Expression Language
- Value Expressions
- Dependency Injection
- Bean Scopes
- Events and Controllers
- The Observer Pattern
- JSF Event Model
- Event Types and Timing
- Event Queueing
- ActionEvent and ActionListener
- Action Methods
- Connecting Controllers to Beans
- Dynamic Outcomes
- ValueChangeEvent and ValueChangeListener
- Limitations of FacesListeners
- The Adapter Pattern
- The Converter Interface
- Standard Converters
- Working with Enumerated Types
- Timing of Conversion
- Custom Converters
- Configuring Converters
- Validating Input
- The Validator Interface
- Standard Validators
- Producing Error Messages
- Message Keys
- Presenting Error Messages
- Custom Validators
- Validating Multiple Inputs
- Using a PhaseListener
- Data Tables
- Managing Tabular Data
- The JSF Data Table
- Limitations and Strategies
- Nesting Tables
Java® and all Java-based marks are registered trademarks of the Oracle Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
JBoss®, EAP® (Enterprise Application Platform) and Hibernate® are registered trademarks of Red Hat, Inc. Accelebrate, Inc. has no affiliation with Red Hat, Inc. and no courses offered by Accelebrate, Inc. are endorsed by Red Hat, Inc. in any way.
WebSphere® is a registered trademark of IBM. Accelebrate, Inc. has no affiliation with IBM.
Focuses on You!
Accelebrate’s courses are taught for private groups of 3 or more people at your site or online anywhere worldwide.
Don't settle for a "one size fits all" public class! Have Accelebrate deliver exactly the training you want, privately at your site or online, for less than the cost of a public class.
For pricing and to learn more, please contact us via information request form or phone, or email us at email@example.com today.
| Well Structured materials. Helpful step by step instructions for Lab sessions. Glad to have taken a class from Accelebrate!!
Florham Park, New Jersey