Please contact us
for GSA pricing.
Recent Training Venues
Accelebrate has recently trained for clients in the following cities:
- Huntsville, Alabama
- Montgomery / Birmingham, Alabama
- Anchorage, Alaska
- Edmonton & Calgary, Alberta
- Phoenix, Arizona
- Tucson, Arizona
- Fayetteville / Little Rock, Arkansas
- Amsterdam, The Netherlands / Brussels, Belgium
- Vancouver, British Columbia
- Oakland / San Jose / San Francisco, California
- Sacramento, California
- San Diego, California
- Orange County / Los Angeles, California
- Boulder / Colorado Springs / Denver, Colorado
- Washington, DC
- Wilmington, Delaware
- Manchester / London, England
- Orlando, Florida
- Fort Lauderdale / Miami, Florida
- Jacksonville, Florida
- Saint Petersburg / Tampa, Florida
- Alpharetta & Atlanta, Georgia
- Augusta & Savannah, Georgia
- Boise, Idaho
- Chicago, Illinois
- Indianapolis, Indiana
- Cedar Rapids / Des Moines, Iowa
- Dublin, Ireland
- Wichita, Kansas
- Lexington / Louisville, Kentucky
- Baton Rouge/New Orleans, Louisiana
- Portland, Maine
- Hagerstown & Frederick, Maryland
- Annapolis / Baltimore, Maryland
- Boston / Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Hartford, Connecticut / Springfield, Massachusetts
- Ann Arbor / Detroit, Michigan
- Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Saint Paul / Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Jackson, Mississippi
- St. Louis, Missouri
- Kansas City, Missouri
- Lincoln / Omaha, Nebraska
- Reno and Las Vegas, Nevada
- Fredericton / Moncton / Saint John, New Brunswick
- Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Princeton, New Jersey & Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Albany, New York
- Buffalo, New York
- White Plains / New York City, New York
- Charlotte, North Carolina
- Durham / Raleigh, North Carolina
- Canton / Akron, Ohio
- Cincinnati, Ohio
- Cleveland & Columbus, Ohio
- Dayton, Ohio
- Tulsa / Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Toronto, Ontario
- Portland, Oregon
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Providence, Rhode Island
- Saskatoon / Regina, Saskatchewan
- Edinburgh / Glasgow, Scotland
- Columbia & Charleston, South Carolina
- Spartanburg & Greenville, South Carolina
- Knoxville, Tennessee
- Memphis / Nashville, Tennessee
- Houston, Texas
- El Paso, Texas
- San Antonio / Austin, Texas
- Dallas, Texas
- Salt Lake City, Utah
- Fairfax / Dulles / McLean / Herndon / Reston, Virginia
- Richmond / Alexandria / Arlington, Virginia
- Virginia Beach / Norfolk, Virginia
- Tacoma / Seattle, Washington
- Charleston, West Virginia
- Madison / Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Oracle 11g PL/SQL Training: Beginning Oracle 11g PL/SQL
view class outline
Oracle 11g PL/SQL Training Overview
This Oracle 11g PL/SQL training teaches attendees beginning Oracle PL/SQL database programming skills.
Location and Pricing
Most Accelebrate courses are taught on-site at our clients' locations worldwide for groups of 3 or more attendees and are customized to their specific needs. Please visit our client list to see organizations for whom we have recently delivered training. These courses can also be delivered as live, private online classes for groups that are geographically dispersed or wish to save on the instructor's or students' travel expenses. To receive a customized proposal and price quote private training at your site or online, please contact us.
In addition, some courses are available as live, online classes for individuals. áTo see a schedule of online courses, please visit http://www.accelebrate.com/online_training/?action=category&page=oracle.
Oracle 11g PL/SQL Training Prerequisites
No prior experience is presumed.
This Oracle® course is 60% hands-on, 40% discussion, with the longest discussion segments lasting 20 minutes.
Oracle 11g PL/SQL Training Materials
All students receive comprehensive courseware and a related textbook.
Software Needed on Each Student PC
- A complete installation of Oracle 11g and Oracle SQL Developer.
Please contact us for detailed setup instructions if you have purchased this class.
Oracle 11g PL/SQL Training Objectives
All attendees will learn how to:
- Understand the environment and context in which PL/SQL operates.
- Consider the advantages and benefits of PL/SQL within a database environment.
- Declare program variables and complex data types.
- Develop logic within PL/SQL program blocks.
- Fetch data from the database into program variables.
- Return program output to users.
- Handle program exceptions.
- Use explicit and implicit database cursors.
- Maintain and implement triggers.
Oracle 11g PL/SQL Training Outline
- Choosing a SQL & PL/SQL Interface
- Using SQL Developer
- Using SQL*PLUS
- Using Application Express
- Using JDeveloper Studio
- Language Features
- Understanding PL/SQL
- Structure of A PL/SQL Program Block
- Using PL/SQL from SQL*PLUS
- Declare Clause
- About the Declare Clause
- Declare Simple Types
- Declare Complex Types
- Type ... Table
- Type ... Record
- Begin Clause
- About the Begin Clause
- Performing Data Manipulation
- Logic Control & Branching
- Exception Clause
- About the Exception Clause
- Isolating the Specific Exception
- Pragma Exception_Init
- SQL%Rowcount & Select...Into
- Explicit Cursors
- About Explicit Cursors
- Advanced Cursor Techniques
- Introducing Database Program Units
- About Database Program Units
- Types of PL/SQL Program Units
- Types of Stored Program Units
- Advantages of Using Stored Program Units
- Creating Stored Procedures & Functions
- About Stored Procedures & Functions
- Creating Procedures & Functions
- Executing Procedures & Functions
- Maintaining Stored Procedures & Functions
- Recompiling & Dropping Programs
- Data Dictionary Storage
- Managing Dependencies
- Creating & Maintaining Packages
- About Packages
- Creating Packages
- Advanced Programming Techniques
- Maintaining Packages
- Advanced Cursor Techniques
- Using Cursor Variables
- Using Cursor Expressions
- Using System-Supplied Packages
- Creating Database Triggers
- About Database Triggers
- Statement-Level Triggers
- Row-Level Triggers
- Examples of Triggers
- Instead of Triggers
- Employing Triggers within an Application
- Maintaining Database Triggers
- Call Syntax
- Trigger Maintenance Tasks
- Show Errors Trigger
- Drop Trigger
- Alter Trigger
- Handling Multiple Triggers for A Table
- Handling Mutating Table Issues
- Implementing System Event Triggers
- What Are System Event Triggers?
- Defining the Scope
- Available System Events
- System Event Attributes
© 2008 Sideris Courseware Corporation
Java® and all Java-based marks are registered trademarks of the Oracle Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
Oracle« is a registered trademark of the Oracle Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
MySQL™ and all MySQL-based marks are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sun Microsystems, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the U.S. and other countries.
Focuses on You!
Accelebrate’s courses are taught for private groups of 3 or more people at your site or online anywhere worldwide.
Don't settle for a "one size fits all" public class! Have Accelebrate deliver exactly the training you want, privately at your site or online, for less than the cost of a public class.
For pricing and to learn more, please contact us via information request form or phone, or email us at email@example.com today.