Please contact us
for GSA pricing.
Recent Training Venues
Accelebrate has recently trained for clients in the following cities:
- Huntsville, Alabama
- Montgomery / Birmingham, Alabama
- Anchorage, Alaska
- Edmonton & Calgary, Alberta
- Phoenix, Arizona
- Tucson, Arizona
- Fayetteville / Little Rock, Arkansas
- Amsterdam, The Netherlands / Brussels, Belgium
- Vancouver, British Columbia
- Oakland / San Jose / San Francisco, California
- Sacramento, California
- San Diego, California
- Orange County / Los Angeles, California
- Boulder / Colorado Springs / Denver, Colorado
- Washington, DC
- Wilmington, Delaware
- Manchester / London, England
- Orlando, Florida
- Fort Lauderdale / Miami, Florida
- Jacksonville, Florida
- Saint Petersburg / Tampa, Florida
- Alpharetta & Atlanta, Georgia
- Augusta & Savannah, Georgia
- Boise, Idaho
- Chicago, Illinois
- Indianapolis, Indiana
- Cedar Rapids / Des Moines, Iowa
- Dublin, Ireland
- Wichita, Kansas
- Lexington / Louisville, Kentucky
- Baton Rouge/New Orleans, Louisiana
- Portland, Maine
- Hagerstown & Frederick, Maryland
- Annapolis / Baltimore, Maryland
- Boston / Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Hartford, Connecticut / Springfield, Massachusetts
- Ann Arbor / Detroit, Michigan
- Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Saint Paul / Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Jackson, Mississippi
- St. Louis, Missouri
- Kansas City, Missouri
- Lincoln / Omaha, Nebraska
- Reno and Las Vegas, Nevada
- Fredericton / Moncton / Saint John, New Brunswick
- Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Princeton, New Jersey & Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Albany, New York
- Buffalo, New York
- White Plains / New York City, New York
- Charlotte, North Carolina
- Durham / Raleigh, North Carolina
- Canton / Akron, Ohio
- Cincinnati, Ohio
- Cleveland & Columbus, Ohio
- Dayton, Ohio
- Tulsa / Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Toronto, Ontario
- Portland, Oregon
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Providence, Rhode Island
- Saskatoon / Regina, Saskatchewan
- Edinburgh / Glasgow, Scotland
- Columbia & Charleston, South Carolina
- Spartanburg & Greenville, South Carolina
- Knoxville, Tennessee
- Memphis / Nashville, Tennessee
- Houston, Texas
- El Paso, Texas
- San Antonio / Austin, Texas
- Dallas, Texas
- Salt Lake City, Utah
- Fairfax / Dulles / McLean / Herndon / Reston, Virginia
- Richmond / Alexandria / Arlington, Virginia
- Virginia Beach / Norfolk, Virginia
- Tacoma / Seattle, Washington
- Charleston, West Virginia
- Madison / Milwaukee, Wisconsin
SharePoint Administration Training: SharePoint 2007 for Administrators
view class outline
SharePoint Administration Training Overview
Accelebrate's SharePoint Administration Training: SharePoint 2007 for Administrators teaches systems administrators the skills they need for setting up, configuring, and administering SharePoint 2007 and WSS 3.0.
Location and Pricing
Most Accelebrate courses are taught on-site at our clients' locations worldwide for groups of 3 or more attendees and are customized to their specific needs. Please visit our client list to see organizations for whom we have recently delivered training. These courses can also be delivered as live, private online classes for groups that are geographically dispersed or wish to save on the instructor's or students' travel expenses. To receive a customized proposal and price quote for private training at your site or online, please contact us.
In addition, some courses are available as live, online classes for individuals. To see a schedule of online courses, please visit http://www.accelebrate.com/online_training/?action=course&page=SHP121.
SharePoint Administration Training Prerequisites
Prior Windows Server administration is presumed. Prior SharePoint administration is not presumed.
This SharePoint training class is 70% hands-on, 30% lecture, with the longest lecture segments lasting 20 minutes.
SharePoint Administration Training Materials
All attendees receive 250 pages of comprehensive courseware and a copy of Wrox Press's Beginning SharePoint 2007 Administration.
Software Needed on Each Student PC
- A full install of SharePoint 2007 – please contact us for detailed setup instructions.
SharePoint Administration Training Objectives
All attendees will learn how to:
- Plan server topology.
- Install and configure WSS and MOSS servers.
- Upgrade from WSS 2.0 to 3.0.
- Monitor the server to detect problems early.
- Configure authentication.
- Secure external access with SSL.
- Set up SharePoint security and permissions.
- Control site settings through the Central Administration web site.
- Control site settings through the stsadm command line.
- Backup and restore SharePoint data.
- Customize the overall site appearance through branding.
- Set up network infrastructure (DNS/AD/IIS) to support SharePoint.
- Manage MOSS My Sites, import profiles, and other shared services.
- Create and apply site quotas.
SharePoint Administration Training Outline
- Planning a Deployment
- SharePoint Administration Basics
- Writing a Deployment Plan
- Determining Software Requirements
- Determining Hardware Requirements
- Planning Network Configuration
- Gathering Required Prerequisites
- Understanding Install Options
- Install 1: A Standalone Server (<250 users)
- Install 2: A Small Farm (250-2000 users)
- Install 3: A Medium Farm (>2000 users)
- Considerations for Large Farms
- Upgrading from WSS 2.0 / SPS 2003
- Configuring the Server
- Configuring WSS 3.0
- Configuring MOSS
- Setting Up Shared Services (SSP)
- Enabling Search for PDFs
- Scheduling Backups
- Preparing for Roll-Out
- Planning Activities
- Setting Up Security Groups
- Creating Client Policies
- Verifying Client Software
- Providing Minimal Branding
- Setting Up Department Sites
- Setting Up My Sites
- Identifying Site Owners
- Review and Testing
- Training Users
- Monitoring the Server
- Providing Support
- Defining Your Role
- Creating Content Types
- Creating Site Collections
- Creating Templates
- Mail Enabling Libraries
- Managing User My Sites
- Managing Site Quotas
- Managing the Server
- Deploying Features
- Using STSADM
- Common Tasks
- Configuring External Access
- Planning External Access
- Providing Internet Access
- Deploying Form - Based Authentication
- Setting Up SSL
Java® and all Java-based marks are registered trademarks of the Oracle Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
Focuses on You!
Accelebrate’s courses are taught for private groups of 3 or more people at your site or online anywhere worldwide.
Don't settle for a "one size fits all" public class! Have Accelebrate deliver exactly the training you want, privately at your site or online, for less than the cost of a public class.
For pricing and to learn more, please contact us via information request form or phone, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org today.
| Excellent training material presented by a friendly, knowledgable instructor -
not something that's easy to find.