Introduction to WSS and MOSS 2007 Training
Live Online Training
Please contact us
for GSA pricing.
Recent Training Venues
Accelebrate has recently trained for clients in the following cities:
- Huntsville, Alabama
- Montgomery / Birmingham, Alabama
- Anchorage, Alaska
- Edmonton & Calgary, Alberta
- Phoenix, Arizona
- Tucson, Arizona
- Fayetteville / Little Rock, Arkansas
- Amsterdam, The Netherlands / Brussels, Belgium
- Vancouver, British Columbia
- Oakland / San Jose / San Francisco, California
- Sacramento, California
- San Diego, California
- Orange County / Los Angeles, California
- Boulder / Colorado Springs / Denver, Colorado
- Washington, DC
- Wilmington, Delaware
- Manchester / London, England
- Orlando, Florida
- Fort Lauderdale / Miami, Florida
- Jacksonville, Florida
- Saint Petersburg / Tampa, Florida
- Alpharetta & Atlanta, Georgia
- Augusta & Savannah, Georgia
- Boise, Idaho
- Chicago, Illinois
- Indianapolis, Indiana
- Cedar Rapids / Des Moines, Iowa
- Dublin, Ireland
- Wichita, Kansas
- Lexington / Louisville, Kentucky
- Baton Rouge/New Orleans, Louisiana
- Portland, Maine
- Hagerstown & Frederick, Maryland
- Annapolis / Baltimore, Maryland
- Boston / Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Hartford, Connecticut / Springfield, Massachusetts
- Ann Arbor / Detroit, Michigan
- Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Saint Paul / Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Jackson, Mississippi
- St. Louis, Missouri
- Kansas City, Missouri
- Lincoln / Omaha, Nebraska
- Reno and Las Vegas, Nevada
- Fredericton / Moncton / Saint John, New Brunswick
- Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Princeton, New Jersey & Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Albany, New York
- Buffalo, New York
- White Plains / New York City, New York
- Charlotte, North Carolina
- Durham / Raleigh, North Carolina
- Canton / Akron, Ohio
- Cincinnati, Ohio
- Cleveland & Columbus, Ohio
- Dayton, Ohio
- Tulsa / Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Toronto, Ontario
- Portland, Oregon
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Providence, Rhode Island
- Saskatoon / Regina, Saskatchewan
- Edinburgh / Glasgow, Scotland
- Columbia & Charleston, South Carolina
- Spartanburg & Greenville, South Carolina
- Knoxville, Tennessee
- Memphis / Nashville, Tennessee
- Houston, Texas
- El Paso, Texas
- San Antonio / Austin, Texas
- Dallas, Texas
- Salt Lake City, Utah
- Fairfax / Dulles / McLean / Herndon / Reston, Virginia
- Richmond / Alexandria / Arlington, Virginia
- Virginia Beach / Norfolk, Virginia
- Tacoma / Seattle, Washington
- Charleston, West Virginia
- Madison / Milwaukee, Wisconsin
SharePoint End User Training: Introduction to SharePoint 2010 for End Users
view class outline
SharePoint 2010 End User Training Overview
Accelebrate's SharePoint 2010 End User training course teaches students the basics of collaborating in SharePoint 2010 using Contacts, Tasks, Links, Calendar, and document libraries. Attendees also learn to use social networking capabilities such as blogs and wikis as well as how to customize SharePoint 2010 for improved efficiency and productivity.
Location and Pricing
Most Accelebrate courses are taught on-site at our clients' locations worldwide for groups of 3 or more attendees and are customized to their specific needs. Please visit our client list to see organizations for whom we have recently delivered training. These courses can also be delivered as live, private online classes for groups that are geographically dispersed or wish to save on the instructor's or students' travel expenses. To receive a customized proposal and price quote for private training at your site or online, please contact us.
In addition, some courses are available as live, online classes for individuals. To see a schedule of online courses, please visit http://www.accelebrate.com/online_training/?action=course&page=SHP2010.1.
SharePoint 2010 End User Training Prerequisites
Attendees should have experience using a Web browser and interacting with Web-based systems. Some experience with
Microsoft Office (any version) as well as experience with a previous version of SharePoint is a plus, but not required.
This SharePoint 2010 for End Users training class is 70% hands-on, 30% lecture, with the longest lecture segments lasting 20 minutes.
SharePoint 2010 End User Training Materials
All attendees receive comprehensive courseware covering all subjects in the course.
Software Needed on Each Student PC
This SharePoint 2010 training course requires either of two setups:
- A central SharePoint 2010 server with a site collection set up for each user. In this scenario, the student PCs need only Internet Explorer 7 or later and Office 2007 or 2010, with http/https access to the SharePoint server.
- A Windows Server 2008 R2 virtual machine, configured per Accelebrate's spec, running in VMware Player or Workstation on each student PC. The host PC would need:
- 64-bit Windows 7
- VMware Player 3.1 or later or VMware Workstation 7.1 or later
- At least 6GB physical RAM (the VM will run in 4GB physical RAM, but very slowly)
- 30 GB free hard drive space
SharePoint 2010 End User Training Objectives
All students will learn to:
- Collaborate within a team using SharePoint 2010.
- Use list and library templates while understanding the difference between a list and its corresponding web part.
- Manage individual items in a library and become proficient with item check out, version control, and the approval processes.
- Publish a finished document from its workspace to a SharePoint site.
- Post to a blog and add pages to a wiki.
- Customize SharePoint to best benefit individual work and productivity styles.
SharePoint 2010 End User Training Outline
- Introducing SharePoint 2010
- Understanding the purpose of community-based systems
- Navigating the Web interface of SharePoint
- Beginning familiar with the SharePoint ribbon
- Features available in SharePoint for the information worker
- Lists and Libraries
- Lists, list metadata and item metadata
- Understanding of the out-of-the-box lists and libraries
- How views can change the way you interact with lists
- Adding items to a list vs. adding items to a library
- Recovering deleted content with the recycle bin
- Working with relational lists
- Document Libraries and Form Libraries
- Document management and form management
- Managing individual items in libraries
- Item versioning, check-in and check-out
- Item content approval process
- Working with document sets
- Document and Meeting Workspaces
- Difference between document workspace and meeting workspace
- Understanding the default document and meeting workspaces
- Publishing from workspaces
- Social Networking: Blogs and Wikis
- Understanding blogs and wikis
- Creating and managing content in blogs
- Creating and managing content in wikis
- Tagging and rating content
- Personalizing SharePoint
- Staying informed with alerts and RSS
- Personalizing the Web interface
- Understanding search and people search
- Working with SharePoint offline
Java® and all Java-based marks are registered trademarks of the Oracle Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
Focuses on You!
Accelebrate’s courses are taught for private groups of 3 or more people at your site or online anywhere worldwide.
Don't settle for a "one size fits all" public class! Have Accelebrate deliver exactly the training you want, privately at your site or online, for less than the cost of a public class.
For pricing and to learn more, please contact us via information request form or phone, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org today.