Please contact us
for GSA pricing.
Recent Training Venues
Accelebrate has recently trained for clients in the following cities:
- Huntsville, Alabama
- Montgomery / Birmingham, Alabama
- Anchorage, Alaska
- Edmonton & Calgary, Alberta
- Phoenix, Arizona
- Tucson, Arizona
- Fayetteville / Little Rock, Arkansas
- Amsterdam, The Netherlands / Brussels, Belgium
- Kamloops / Vancouver, British Columbia
- Oakland / San Jose / San Francisco, California
- Sacramento, California
- Oceanside / San Diego, California
- Pasadena / Orange County / Los Angeles, California
- San Bernardino / Riverside, California
- Boulder / Colorado Springs / Denver, Colorado
- Washington, DC
- Wilmington, Delaware
- Manchester / London, England
- Orlando, Florida
- Fort Lauderdale / Miami, Florida
- Gainesville / Jacksonville, Florida
- Saint Petersburg / Tampa, Florida
- Titusville & Melbourne, Florida
- Alpharetta & Atlanta, Georgia
- Augusta & Savannah, Georgia
- Macon & Columbus, Georgia
- Boise, Idaho
- Bloomington, Illinois
- Chicago, Illinois
- Indianapolis, Indiana
- Cedar Rapids / Des Moines, Iowa
- Dublin, Ireland
- Wichita, Kansas
- Paducah / Lexington / Louisville, Kentucky
- Baton Rouge/New Orleans, Louisiana
- Portland, Maine
- Hagerstown & Frederick, Maryland
- Annapolis / Silver Spring / Baltimore, Maryland
- Boston / Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Hartford, Connecticut / Springfield, Massachusetts
- Ann Arbor / Farmington Hills / Detroit, Michigan
- Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Flint, Michigan
- Saint Paul / Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Jackson, Mississippi
- St. Louis, Missouri
- Whiteman Air Force Base / Kansas City, Missouri
- Lincoln / Omaha, Nebraska
- Reno and Las Vegas, Nevada
- Fredericton / Moncton / Saint John, New Brunswick
- Santa Fe / Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Princeton, New Jersey & Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Trenton, New Jersey
- Albany, New York
- Buffalo, New York
- White Plains / New York City, New York
- Charlotte, North Carolina
- Durham / Raleigh, North Carolina
- Bismarck & Fargo, North Dakota
- Bowling Green / Toledo, Ohio
- Canton / Akron, Ohio
- Cincinnati, Ohio
- Cleveland & Columbus, Ohio
- Dayton, Ohio
- Tulsa / Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Toronto, Ontario
- Portland, Oregon
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Providence, Rhode Island
- Saskatoon / Regina, Saskatchewan
- Edinburgh / Glasgow, Scotland
- Columbia & Charleston, South Carolina
- Spartanburg & Greenville, South Carolina
- Stockholm, Sweden
- Chattanooga / Knoxville, Tennessee
- Memphis / Jackson / Nashville, Tennessee
- College Station and Houston, Texas
- El Paso, Texas
- San Antonio / Austin, Texas
- Wichita Falls & Dallas, Texas
- Ogden / Salt Lake City, Utah
- Burlington, Vermont
- Fairfax / Dulles / McLean / Herndon / Reston, Virginia
- Richmond / Alexandria / Arlington, Virginia
- Virginia Beach / Norfolk, Virginia
- Tacoma / Seattle, Washington
- Charleston, West Virginia
- Madison / Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Use Cases Training: Use Case-Driven Analysis and Design with UML 2 and Sparx EA
view class outline
Use Cases Training Overview
Accelebrate's Use Case-Driven Analysis and Design with UML2 training introduces students to Sparx EA®, UML® 2, and a Use Case-Driven approach to Software Analysis and Design. Throughout this 3-day course, students will move from high-level requirements to detailed analysis and design.
Location and Pricing
Most Accelebrate courses are taught on-site at our clients' locations worldwide for groups of 3 or more attendees and are customized to their specific needs. Please visit our client list to see organizations for whom we have recently delivered training. These courses can also be delivered as live, private online classes for groups that are geographically dispersed or wish to save on the instructor's or students' travel expenses. To receive a customized proposal and price quote private training at your site or online, please contact us.
In addition, some courses are available as live, online classes for individuals. To see a schedule of online courses, please visit http://www.accelebrate.com/online_training/java.htm.
Use Cases Training Prerequisites
All students should have a background in developing software utilizing object-oriented technologies such as .NET or Java.
This class is 70% hands-on, 30% lecture, with the longest lecture segments lasting for 20 minutes.
Use Cases Training Materials
All students will receive comprehensive courseware.
Software Needed on Each Student PC
- Sparx Enterprise Architect 9.3 or later.
Use Cases Training Objectives
By the end of the course the student will be able to:
- Capture and manage requirements utilizing the Requirements Diagram in Sparx EA.
- Model business concepts and relationships using Class Diagrams and Object Diagrams.
- Model functional requirements using Use Case Diagrams.
- Describe a Use Case using Activity Diagrams.
- Describe the physical deployment aspects of a software system.
- Develop a detailed design-level realization of a Use Case and capture the design using Class Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams.
- Evaluate a design and refactor the design to achieve a greater degree of simplicity, maintainability, and reliability.
- Use Sparx EA in a shared repository and strategies for locking and managing concurrent work within a model.
- Utilize Sparx Enterprise Architect and UML 2 notation to capture requirements, analysis, and design views of a software system.
Use Cases Training Outline
- Introduction to Sparx EA
- UML and UML Modeling Tools
- Sparx EA Architecture and Configurations
- Core Concepts
- Sparx EA Environment
- Modeling Basics
- Navigating and Searching a Model
- Traceability / Dependency Tracking
- EA Options
- Reference Data
- Capturing Requirements
- Domain Modeling
- Domain Models
- Class Diagrams
- Object Diagrams
- Use Case Modeling
- Use Case Diagrams
- Identifying Actors
- Identifying Use Cases
- Describing Use Cases
- Activity Diagrams
- Control Flows
- Describing Use Cases with Activity Diagrams
- Modeling Target Architecture
- Component Diagrams
- Deployment Diagrams
- Designing Use Case Realizations
- Class Diagrams (Detailed Design Notation)
- Sequence Diagrams
- Refactoring and Optimizing Design
- Evaluating a Design
- Refactoring Strategies
- Refactoring within Sparx EA
- Using Sparx EA in a shared environment
- Shared Repository
- Project Sharing
- Sharing Reference Data
- Security Model
- Locking and Lock Management
- Auditing Changes
- Baselines and Compares
- Model Transfer (XMI Export – Import)
- Version Control
UML® is a registered trademark of the Object Management Group, Inc.
SparxSystems® and Enterprise Architect® are sole property and registered trademarks of SparxSystems Ltd., Creswick, Australia.
Java® and all Java-based marks are registered trademarks of the Oracle Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
JBoss®, EAP® (Enterprise Application Platform) and Hibernate® are registered trademarks of Red Hat, Inc. Accelebrate, Inc. has no affiliation with Red Hat, Inc. and no courses offered by Accelebrate, Inc. are endorsed by Red Hat, Inc. in any way.
WebSphere® is a registered trademark of IBM. Accelebrate, Inc. has no affiliation with IBM.
Focuses on You!
Accelebrate’s courses are taught for private groups of 3 or more people at your site or online anywhere worldwide.
Don't settle for a "one size fits all" public class! Have Accelebrate deliver exactly the training you want, privately at your site or online, for less than the cost of a public class.
For pricing and to learn more, please contact us via information request form or phone, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org today.