Please contact us
for GSA pricing.
Recent Training Venues
Accelebrate has recently trained for clients in the following cities:
- Huntsville, Alabama
- Montgomery / Birmingham, Alabama
- Anchorage, Alaska
- Edmonton & Calgary, Alberta
- Phoenix, Arizona
- Tucson, Arizona
- Fayetteville / Little Rock, Arkansas
- Amsterdam, The Netherlands / Brussels, Belgium
- Kamloops / Vancouver, British Columbia
- Oakland / San Jose / San Francisco, California
- Sacramento, California
- Oceanside / San Diego, California
- Pasadena / Orange County / Los Angeles, California
- San Bernardino / Riverside, California
- Boulder / Colorado Springs / Denver, Colorado
- Washington, DC
- Wilmington, Delaware
- Manchester / London, England
- Orlando, Florida
- Fort Lauderdale / Miami, Florida
- Gainesville / Jacksonville, Florida
- Saint Petersburg / Tampa, Florida
- Titusville & Melbourne, Florida
- Alpharetta & Atlanta, Georgia
- Augusta & Savannah, Georgia
- Macon & Columbus, Georgia
- Boise, Idaho
- Bloomington, Illinois
- Chicago, Illinois
- Indianapolis, Indiana
- Cedar Rapids / Des Moines, Iowa
- Dublin, Ireland
- Wichita, Kansas
- Paducah / Lexington / Louisville, Kentucky
- Baton Rouge/New Orleans, Louisiana
- Portland, Maine
- Hagerstown & Frederick, Maryland
- Annapolis / Silver Spring / Baltimore, Maryland
- Boston / Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Hartford, Connecticut / Springfield, Massachusetts
- Ann Arbor / Farmington Hills / Detroit, Michigan
- Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Flint, Michigan
- Saint Paul / Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Jackson, Mississippi
- St. Louis, Missouri
- Whiteman Air Force Base / Kansas City, Missouri
- Lincoln / Omaha, Nebraska
- Reno and Las Vegas, Nevada
- Fredericton / Moncton / Saint John, New Brunswick
- Santa Fe / Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Princeton, New Jersey & Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Trenton, New Jersey
- Albany, New York
- Buffalo, New York
- White Plains / New York City, New York
- Charlotte, North Carolina
- Durham / Raleigh, North Carolina
- Bismarck & Fargo, North Dakota
- Bowling Green / Toledo, Ohio
- Canton / Akron, Ohio
- Cincinnati, Ohio
- Cleveland & Columbus, Ohio
- Dayton, Ohio
- Tulsa / Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Toronto, Ontario
- Portland, Oregon
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Providence, Rhode Island
- Saskatoon / Regina, Saskatchewan
- Edinburgh / Glasgow, Scotland
- Columbia & Charleston, South Carolina
- Spartanburg & Greenville, South Carolina
- Stockholm, Sweden
- Chattanooga / Knoxville, Tennessee
- Memphis / Jackson / Nashville, Tennessee
- College Station and Houston, Texas
- El Paso, Texas
- San Antonio / Austin, Texas
- Wichita Falls & Dallas, Texas
- Ogden / Salt Lake City, Utah
- Burlington, Vermont
- Fairfax / Dulles / McLean / Herndon / Reston, Virginia
- Richmond / Alexandria / Arlington, Virginia
- Virginia Beach / Norfolk, Virginia
- Tacoma / Seattle, Washington
- Charleston, West Virginia
- Madison / Milwaukee, Wisconsin
User Requirements Training: Gathering User Requirements
view class outline
User Requirements Training Overview
This user requirements training course teaches Business Analysts and System Analysts how to gather and document user requirements to develop quality software. Participants will learn how different models are used to capture "views" of the proposed system at different levels of detail. A comprehensive, hands-on lab gives each student an opportunity to learn how to work as a member of a team to collect detailed and accurate information for new software systems or modifications to existing systems. This course is not limited to analysts that are working in an object-oriented environment.
Location and Pricing
Most Accelebrate courses are taught on-site at our clients' locations worldwide for groups of 3 or more attendees and are customized to their specific needs. Please visit our client list to see organizations for whom we have recently delivered training. These courses can also be delivered as live, private online classes for groups that are geographically dispersed or wish to save on the instructor's or students' travel expenses. To receive a customized proposal and price quote private training at your site or online, please contact us.
In addition, some courses are available as live, online classes for individuals. To see a schedule of online courses, please visit http://www.accelebrate.com/online_training/java.htm.
User Requirements Training Prerequisites
This class is 70% hands-on, 30% lecture, with the longest lecture segments lasting for 20 minutes.
User Requirements Training Materials
All User Requirements students receive a copy of Requirements by Collaboration by Ellen Gottesdiener, related courseware, and copies of all files developed during the class.
Software Needed on Each Student PC
Software for the course will be selected by mutual agreement – please contact us to discuss your specific needs and environment.
User Requirements Training Objectives
By the end of the course the student will be able to:
- Describe three different levels of detail and how they apply to requirements.
- Describe six different views of requirements: Who, What, Why, Where, When and How.
- Identify and use different models to capture and document user requirements, including:
- Business Rules/Policies
- Functional Requirements Steps
- Stakeholder classes
- Statechart Diagrams
- UI Prototype/Navigation
- Context Diagram
- Domain Model
- Participant Map and Table
User Requirements Training Outline
- Background of problem - re: software development
- Pre-existing solutions
- Instructor background
- Functional – includes the behavior visible to the users
- Non-functional – includes the environment that supports the functional – such as security, performance (speed), maintainability
- Levels of requirements – Business, User, Software
- Focus Questions
- Mapping requirements models by focus
- Functional vs. non-functional requirements
- Levels of requirements
- Soft skills
- Technical Skills
- What is an artifact?
- What artifacts are there?
- Relationship between models
- How do artifacts map to focus questions*?
* For each focus question, we will examine the associated artifact in detail, showing the information and format, and when each one is used. There will be a number of labs throughout the course to give students a chance to practice asking questions and generating simplified examples of the major artifacts.
Java® and all Java-based marks are registered trademarks of the Oracle Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
JBoss®, EAP® (Enterprise Application Platform) and Hibernate® are registered trademarks of Red Hat, Inc. Accelebrate, Inc. has no affiliation with Red Hat, Inc. and no courses offered by Accelebrate, Inc. are endorsed by Red Hat, Inc. in any way.
WebSphere® is a registered trademark of IBM. Accelebrate, Inc. has no affiliation with IBM.
Focuses on You!
Accelebrate’s courses are taught for private groups of 3 or more people at your site or online anywhere worldwide.
Don't settle for a "one size fits all" public class! Have Accelebrate deliver exactly the training you want, privately at your site or online, for less than the cost of a public class.
For pricing and to learn more, please contact us via information request form or phone, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org today.
| [the instructor] had such a clear understanding of gathering user requirements. His style was very easy to follow and he made sure that the material was fully understood before proceeding. I would gladly take another
class from him and would highly recommend him and this class to anyone.
Raytheon Missile Systems