Please contact us
for GSA pricing.
Recent Training Venues
Accelebrate has recently trained for clients in the following cities:
- Huntsville, Alabama
- Montgomery / Birmingham, Alabama
- Anchorage, Alaska
- Edmonton & Calgary, Alberta
- Phoenix, Arizona
- Tucson, Arizona
- Fayetteville / Little Rock, Arkansas
- Amsterdam, The Netherlands / Brussels, Belgium
- Vancouver, British Columbia
- Oakland / San Jose / San Francisco, California
- Sacramento, California
- San Diego, California
- Orange County / Los Angeles, California
- Boulder / Colorado Springs / Denver, Colorado
- Washington, DC
- Wilmington, Delaware
- Manchester / London, England
- Orlando, Florida
- Fort Lauderdale / Miami, Florida
- Jacksonville, Florida
- Saint Petersburg / Tampa, Florida
- Alpharetta & Atlanta, Georgia
- Augusta & Savannah, Georgia
- Boise, Idaho
- Chicago, Illinois
- Indianapolis, Indiana
- Cedar Rapids / Des Moines, Iowa
- Dublin, Ireland
- Wichita, Kansas
- Lexington / Louisville, Kentucky
- Baton Rouge/New Orleans, Louisiana
- Portland, Maine
- Hagerstown & Frederick, Maryland
- Annapolis / Baltimore, Maryland
- Boston / Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Hartford, Connecticut / Springfield, Massachusetts
- Ann Arbor / Detroit, Michigan
- Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Saint Paul / Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Jackson, Mississippi
- St. Louis, Missouri
- Kansas City, Missouri
- Lincoln / Omaha, Nebraska
- Reno and Las Vegas, Nevada
- Fredericton / Moncton / Saint John, New Brunswick
- Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Princeton, New Jersey & Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Albany, New York
- Buffalo, New York
- White Plains / New York City, New York
- Charlotte, North Carolina
- Durham / Raleigh, North Carolina
- Canton / Akron, Ohio
- Cincinnati, Ohio
- Cleveland & Columbus, Ohio
- Dayton, Ohio
- Tulsa / Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Toronto, Ontario
- Portland, Oregon
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Providence, Rhode Island
- Saskatoon / Regina, Saskatchewan
- Edinburgh / Glasgow, Scotland
- Columbia & Charleston, South Carolina
- Spartanburg & Greenville, South Carolina
- Knoxville, Tennessee
- Memphis / Nashville, Tennessee
- Houston, Texas
- El Paso, Texas
- San Antonio / Austin, Texas
- Dallas, Texas
- Salt Lake City, Utah
- Fairfax / Dulles / McLean / Herndon / Reston, Virginia
- Richmond / Alexandria / Arlington, Virginia
- Virginia Beach / Norfolk, Virginia
- Tacoma / Seattle, Washington
- Charleston, West Virginia
- Madison / Milwaukee, Wisconsin
SQL Server 2008 Training: SQL Server 2008 Performance Tuning
view class outline
Looking for SQL Server 2012 Performance Tuning training
SQL Server 2008 Training Overview
Accelebrate’s SQL Server 2008 Performance Tuning training class teaches attendees how to tune their indexes, database engine, queries, and other features to achieve optimal performance.
Note: This course can also be taught using SQL Server 2008 R2. It is designed for administrators, rather than developers, who are new to tuning SQL Server 2008.
Location and Pricing
Most Accelebrate courses are taught on-site at our clients' locations worldwide for groups of 3 or more attendees and are customized to their specific needs. Please visit our client list to see organizations for whom we have recently delivered training. These courses can also be delivered as live, private online classes for groups that are geographically dispersed or wish to save on the instructor's or students' travel expenses. To receive a customized proposal and price quote private training at your site or online, please contact us.
In addition, some courses are available as live, online classes for individuals. To see a schedule of online courses, please visit http://www.accelebrate.com/online_training/?action=category&page=mssql.
SQL Server 2008 Training Prerequisites
This course is designed for SQL Server administrators who have prior SQL query writing experience but are new to tuning the SQL Server. If your audience has substantial prior SQL Server tuning experience, this course is not recommended.
This SQL Server training is 50% hands-on, 50% lecture, with the longest lecture segments lasting for 40 minutes.
SQL Server 2008 Training Materials
All attendees receive a copy of APress's SQL Server 2008 Query Performance Tuning Distilled (from which the course outline is derived), as well as related course materials.
Software Needed on Each Student PC
- At least 3GB RAM
- Windows XP, Vista, 7 or later; or Server 2003, 2008, or 2008 R2 or later, with the latest service packs
- A full installation of the SQL Server 2008 or 2008 R2 database engine with the latest service packs installed, as well as all client tools
- Related sample databases and lab files that Accelebrate provides
Important Note: If you have purchased this class, please contact us for detailed setup instructions.
SQL Server 2008 Training Objectives
All attendees will learn to:
- Analyze the performance of SQL queries
- Analyze and optimize indexes
- Use the Database Tuning Advisor
- Examine and correct fragmentation
- Review execution plans and the execution plan cache for optimizations
- Design more efficient queries
- Detect and reduce or eliminate blocking
- Catch and solve deadlocks
- Optimize database workloads
Java® and all Java-based marks are registered trademarks of the Oracle Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
Focuses on You!
Accelebrate’s courses are taught for private groups of 3 or more people at your site or online anywhere worldwide.
Don't settle for a "one size fits all" public class! Have Accelebrate deliver exactly the training you want, privately at your site or online, for less than the cost of a public class.
For pricing and to learn more, please contact us via information request form or phone, or email us at email@example.com today.
Get the latest Web development news delivered to your email box once a month!