RichFaces Training Overview
Accelebrate's RichFaces training class teaches attendees the configuration and use of the RichFaces component library, including the effective use of Ajax within JSF/RichFaces applications. RichFaces is a JSF component library specifically enabled for Ajax functionality.
Location and Pricing
Most Accelebrate courses are delivered as private, customized, on-site training at our clients' locations worldwide for groups of 3 or more attendees and are custom tailored to their specific needs. Please visit our client list to see organizations for whom we have delivered private in-house training. These courses can also be delivered as live, private online classes for groups that are geographically dispersed or wish to save on the instructor's or students' travel expenses. To receive a customized proposal and price quote for private training at your site or online, please contact us.
In addition, some courses are available as live, online classes for individuals. See a schedule of online courses.
RichFaces Training PrerequisitesPrior experience with JSF is required. Our Introduction to JavaServer Faces training class meets this requirement and could be delivered for you in the same week as this class.
Hands-on/Lecture RatioThis class is 70% hands-on, 30% lecture, with the longest lecture segments lasting for 20 minutes.
RichFaces Training MaterialsAll RichFaces training students receive a copy of Apress' Practical RichFaces, related courseware, and copies of all files developed during the class.
Software Needed on Each Student PC
- Eclipse for Java EE Developers (default IDE; we may be able to accommodate other IDEs upon request)
- A Java EE application server of your choice (all code taught will run on any platform)
- Related tools which we would provide as a free download
RichFaces Training Objectives
- To understand the architecture and use of the RichFaces component library
- To configure a JSF application using RichFaces
- To enable Ajax functionality in JSF applications, including:
- partial form submission
- updating page regions and elements within lists
- managing submission order in a queue and filtering
- To use enhanced JSF components to provide a richer user experience, including:
- DataTable (column filtering, sorting and grouping)
- Drag and Drop support
RichFaces Training Outline
- RichFaces Overview
- Ajax and JSF controls
- Configuring RichFaces
- Ajax functionality in RichFaces
- The Ajax queue
- Form vs. component submission
- a4j strategy
- Error handling
- ajaxKeys and updating individual rows
- Ajax components (a4j)
- Using an Ajax Listener
- Retaining state with keepAlive
- Buttons, links and forms with Ajax
- Loading scripts and styles
- Push and poll Ajax access
- Specifying an Ajax region for update
- Adding Ajax support to existing JSF components
- JSF Components (rich)
- General components
- Column components
- Datatable and datalist components
- Drag and drop support
- Tree components
- Panels and toolbars