Oracle PL/SQL Training Overview
In Accelebrate's Introduction to Oracle 10g PL/SQL Programming training, students write stored procedures, functions, packages, and triggers, and implement complex business rules in Oracle. They learn programming, management, and security issues of working with PL/SQL program units. Programming topics will include the built-in packages that come with Oracle, the creation of triggers, and stored procedure features.
Location and Pricing
Most Accelebrate courses are delivered as private, customized, on-site training at our clients' locations worldwide for groups of 3 or more attendees and are custom tailored to their specific needs. Please visit our client list to see organizations for whom we have delivered private in-house training. These courses can also be delivered as live, private online classes for groups that are geographically dispersed or wish to save on the instructor's or students' travel expenses. To receive a customized proposal and price quote for private training at your site or online, please contact us.
In addition, some courses are available as live, online classes for individuals. See a schedule of online courses.
Oracle PL/SQL Training Prerequisites
Prior Oracle SQL experience is presumed.
This course is 60% hands-on, 40% discussion, with the longest discussion segments lasting 20 minutes.
Oracle PL/SQL Training Materials
All students receive comprehensive courseware and a related textbook.
Software Needed on Each Student PC
- A complete installation of Oracle 10g
Oracle PL/SQL Training Objectives
- Understand the environment and context in which PL/SQL operates.
- Consider the advantages and benefits of PL/SQL within a database environment.
- Declaring program variables and complex data types.
- Developing logic within PL/SQL program blocks.
- Fetching data from the database into program variables.
- Returning program output to users.
- Handling program exceptions.
- Using explicit and implicit database cursors.
- Using the advanced features of nested blocks and subprograms.
- How to take advantage of new features such as regular expression support and the handling of string literals within program code.
Oracle PL/SQL Training Outline
- Language features
- Understanding PL/SQL
- Structure of a PL/SQL program block
- PL/SQL from interactive tools
- Generating output within SQL*Plus
- Declare clause
- About the declare clause
- Declare simple types
- Complex types
- Type ... Table
- Type ... Record
- Begin clause
- About the begin clause
- Performing data manipulation
- Logic control & branching
- Exception clause
- About the exception clause
- Isolating the specific exception
- Pragma exception_init
- SQL%rowcount & select...into
- Explicit cursors
- About explicit cursors
- Advanced cursor techniques
- Advanced programming: nested blocks
- Advanced programming: declared subprograms
- Introducing database program units
- About database program units
- Types of PL/SQL program units
- Types of stored program units
- Advantages of using stored program units
- Development tools
- Creating stored procedures & functions
- About stored procedures & functions
- Creating procedures & functions
- Executing procedures & functions
- Handling compilation errors
- Maintaining stored procedures & functions
- Recompiling & dropping programs
- Data dictionary storage
- Managing dependencies