Duration: 4 days
view class outline
Access and Excel VBA Training Overview
Accelebrate's Access and Excel VBA training: VBA for Excel 2003 and Access 2003 training teaches attendees how to automate Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access using VBA 2003.
Important Note: This version of the course includes a day of time spent working through your actual VBA projects. We also offer an “off the shelf” version of the course without your projects incorporated.
Location and Pricing
Most Accelebrate courses are taught on-site at our clients' locations worldwide for groups of 3 or more attendees and are customized to their specific needs. Please visit our client list to see organizations for whom we have recently delivered training. These courses can also be delivered as live, private online classes for groups that are geographically dispersed or wish to save on the instructor's or students' travel expenses. To receive a customized proposal and price quote private training at your site or online, please contact us.
In addition, some courses are available as live, online classes for individuals. To see a schedule of online courses, please visit http://www.accelebrate.com/online_training/?action=category&page=vba.
Access and Excel VBA Training Prerequisites
No prior experience is presumed.
This Access and Excel VBA training class is 70% hands-on, 30% lecture, with the longest lecture segments lasting for 20 minutes. Students "learn by doing," with immediate opportunities to apply the material they learn to real-world problems.
Access and Excel VBA Training Materials
All attendees receive more than 300 pages of courseware and a copy of Pro Excel 2003 VBA.
Software Needed on Each Student PC
- A full installation of Microsoft Office 2003 (or at least Excel and Access), including Visual Basic support and Visual Basic Help. Tying in Excel and Access 2003 with Outlook and Word is included in the outline below but could be omitted upon request.
- If you have purchased this class, please contact us for additional setup details
Access and Excel VBA Training Objectives
All attendees will learn to:
- Understand the Visual Basic Editor included in all of the Microsoft Office products.
- Write VBA procedures that do complex calculations.
- Use a VBA procedure in an Access query or an Excel spreadsheet formula.
- Create custom toolbars and buttons to run your VBA code.
- Design forms that act as dialog boxes for your VBA solutions.
- Use events in forms and in the Office products to customize the way each product works.
- Understand the object models and how they are organized.
- Understand the Object Browser and online Help - the tools you'll need to figure out any product's object model.
- Determine what objects the user is working with when your code runs.
- Understand the techniques you'll need to create solutions that use the features of more than one product.
- Open a table in a database to read and change its records.
- Use different techniques to add data to an Excel workbook.
- Create charts from code using information in Excel or the result of a database query.
- Automatically send an Outlook e-mail message while you're working in Excel or Access.