Please contact us
for GSA pricing.
Recent Training Venues
Accelebrate has recently trained for clients in the following cities:
- Huntsville, Alabama
- Montgomery / Birmingham, Alabama
- Anchorage, Alaska
- Edmonton & Calgary, Alberta
- Phoenix, Arizona
- Tucson, Arizona
- Fayetteville / Little Rock, Arkansas
- Amsterdam, The Netherlands / Brussels, Belgium
- Vancouver, British Columbia
- Oakland / San Jose / San Francisco, California
- Sacramento, California
- San Diego, California
- Orange County / Los Angeles, California
- Boulder / Colorado Springs / Denver, Colorado
- Washington, DC
- Wilmington, Delaware
- Manchester / London, England
- Orlando, Florida
- Fort Lauderdale / Miami, Florida
- Jacksonville, Florida
- Saint Petersburg / Tampa, Florida
- Alpharetta & Atlanta, Georgia
- Augusta & Savannah, Georgia
- Boise, Idaho
- Chicago, Illinois
- Indianapolis, Indiana
- Cedar Rapids / Des Moines, Iowa
- Dublin, Ireland
- Wichita, Kansas
- Lexington / Louisville, Kentucky
- Baton Rouge/New Orleans, Louisiana
- Portland, Maine
- Hagerstown & Frederick, Maryland
- Annapolis / Baltimore, Maryland
- Boston / Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Hartford, Connecticut / Springfield, Massachusetts
- Ann Arbor / Detroit, Michigan
- Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Saint Paul / Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Jackson, Mississippi
- St. Louis, Missouri
- Kansas City, Missouri
- Lincoln / Omaha, Nebraska
- Reno and Las Vegas, Nevada
- Fredericton / Moncton / Saint John, New Brunswick
- Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Princeton, New Jersey & Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Albany, New York
- Buffalo, New York
- White Plains / New York City, New York
- Charlotte, North Carolina
- Durham / Raleigh, North Carolina
- Canton / Akron, Ohio
- Cincinnati, Ohio
- Cleveland & Columbus, Ohio
- Dayton, Ohio
- Tulsa / Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Toronto, Ontario
- Portland, Oregon
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Providence, Rhode Island
- Saskatoon / Regina, Saskatchewan
- Edinburgh / Glasgow, Scotland
- Columbia & Charleston, South Carolina
- Spartanburg & Greenville, South Carolina
- Knoxville, Tennessee
- Memphis / Nashville, Tennessee
- Houston, Texas
- El Paso, Texas
- San Antonio / Austin, Texas
- Dallas, Texas
- Salt Lake City, Utah
- Fairfax / Dulles / McLean / Herndon / Reston, Virginia
- Richmond / Alexandria / Arlington, Virginia
- Virginia Beach / Norfolk, Virginia
- Tacoma / Seattle, Washington
- Charleston, West Virginia
- Madison / Milwaukee, Wisconsin
VSTO Training: Visual Studio Tools for Microsoft Office Second Edition
view class outline
VSTO Training Overview
Accelebrate's VSTO training is designed for developers who want to develop solutions based on Microsoft Office 2003 or 2007, using Visual Studio Tools for Microsoft Office Second Edition. You'll learn about the types of solutions you can create with Visual Studio Tools for Office, understand how work with the Office object models, find out how to create your own user interface through Windows forms or the Actions pane, learn about deploying your solutions to end-user computers, and much more.
Location and Pricing
Most Accelebrate courses are taught on-site at our clients' locations worldwide for groups of 3 or more attendees and are customized to their specific needs. Please visit our client list to see organizations for whom we have recently delivered training. These courses can also be delivered as live, private online classes for groups that are geographically dispersed or wish to save on the instructor's or students' travel expenses. To receive a customized proposal and price quote private training at your site or online, please contact us.
In addition, some courses are available as live, online classes for individuals. To see a schedule of online courses, please visit http://www.accelebrate.com/online_training/?action=categorygroup&page=microsoft.
VSTO Training Prerequisites
Accelebrate's Visual Studio 2005 Tools for Microsoft Office (VSTO) training is designed for developers who have a programming background and are familiar with .NET concepts and the Visual Studio IDE. Previous experience with VBA in Office solutions can be helpful, but is not required. Most examples are presented in Visual Basic, but a C# topic is included to help C# developers translate the concepts to their language of choice, and to give Visual Basic developers the tools they need to read and understand examples available from other sources that are presented in C#.
This training class is 70% hands-on, 30% lecture, with the longest lecture segments lasting for 15 minutes. Students "learn by doing," with immediate opportunities to apply the material they learn to real-world problems.
VSTO Training Materials
All attendees receive more than 250 pages of comprehensive, illustrated courseware and a copy of Professional Visual Studio 2005 Tools for Office.
Software Needed on Each Student PC
- Microsoft Office 2003 or later (complete install)
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 SP1 + Visual Studio Tools for Microsoft Office Second Edition
- Please contact us for additional setup instructions
VSTO Training Objectives
- Know which products and components need to be installed on both development and end-user computers to create and use Office solutions.
- React to events triggered by the Office user.
- Perform Office-related tasks such as sending an e-mail or building a spreadsheet through code.
- Translate Office programming concepts between Visual Basic and C#.
- Create add-ins and code-behind solutions for Office.
- Use data in your Word and Excel solutions.
- Deploy your solutions to an end-user computer.
VSTO Training Outline
- Getting Started with VSTO
- Building Solutions with VSTO 2005 SE and the Microsoft Office System
- Creating Your First Visual Studio Tools for Office Project
- Introducing Managed Code
- Working with the Microsoft Office Object Models
- COM Objects in a Managed Code Environment
- Working with Properties, Methods, and Member Objects
- Responding to Events
- Using Word Objects
- Working with Excel Objects
- Microsoft PowerPoint Objects
- Building Command Bars in Office 2003
- Techniques for C# Programmers Working in Office
- Using C# to Work with the Office Object Models
- Dealing with Parameters
- Accessors in the Excel and Word PIAs
- Using Late-Bound Members
- Creating Add-Ins for Microsoft Office
- The VSTO SE Add-In Model
- Creating an Add-Ins with VSTO 2005 SE
- Customizing the Ribbon in Office 2007
- Custom Task Panes in Office 2007
- Building Outlook Solutions
- Creating an Outlook Add-In
- Navigating the Outlook Object Model
- Working with Outlook 2007 Data
- Taking Advantage of Outlook Form Regions in Outlook 2007
- Document-Based Solutions with Word
- Building Document-Based Solutions for Word
- Working with Host Controls in Word
- Binding Data to a Word Document
- Building Document-Based Solutions for Excel
- Building Document-Based Solutions for Excel
- Working with Host Controls in Excel
- Binding Data to an Excel Workbook
- Deploying your VSTO Solution
- Sharing your Solutions with Others
- Deploying Document-Based Solutions
- Deploying VSTO 2005 SE Add-Ins
- Customizing a Setup Project
Java® and all Java-based marks are registered trademarks of the Oracle Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
Focuses on You!
Accelebrate’s courses are taught for private groups of 3 or more people at your site or online anywhere worldwide.
Don't settle for a "one size fits all" public class! Have Accelebrate deliver exactly the training you want, privately at your site or online, for less than the cost of a public class.
For pricing and to learn more, please contact us via information request form or phone, or email us at email@example.com today.