Please contact us
for GSA pricing.
Recent Training Venues
Accelebrate has recently trained for clients in the following cities:
- Huntsville, Alabama
- Montgomery / Birmingham, Alabama
- Anchorage, Alaska
- Edmonton & Calgary, Alberta
- Phoenix, Arizona
- Tucson, Arizona
- Fayetteville / Little Rock, Arkansas
- Amsterdam, The Netherlands / Brussels, Belgium
- Vancouver, British Columbia
- Oakland / San Jose / San Francisco, California
- Sacramento, California
- San Diego, California
- Orange County / Los Angeles, California
- Boulder / Colorado Springs / Denver, Colorado
- Washington, DC
- Wilmington, Delaware
- Manchester / London, England
- Orlando, Florida
- Fort Lauderdale / Miami, Florida
- Jacksonville, Florida
- Saint Petersburg / Tampa, Florida
- Alpharetta & Atlanta, Georgia
- Augusta & Savannah, Georgia
- Boise, Idaho
- Chicago, Illinois
- Indianapolis, Indiana
- Cedar Rapids / Des Moines, Iowa
- Dublin, Ireland
- Wichita, Kansas
- Lexington / Louisville, Kentucky
- Baton Rouge/New Orleans, Louisiana
- Portland, Maine
- Hagerstown & Frederick, Maryland
- Annapolis / Baltimore, Maryland
- Boston / Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Hartford, Connecticut / Springfield, Massachusetts
- Ann Arbor / Detroit, Michigan
- Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Saint Paul / Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Jackson, Mississippi
- St. Louis, Missouri
- Kansas City, Missouri
- Lincoln / Omaha, Nebraska
- Reno and Las Vegas, Nevada
- Fredericton / Moncton / Saint John, New Brunswick
- Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Princeton, New Jersey & Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Albany, New York
- Buffalo, New York
- White Plains / New York City, New York
- Charlotte, North Carolina
- Durham / Raleigh, North Carolina
- Canton / Akron, Ohio
- Cincinnati, Ohio
- Cleveland & Columbus, Ohio
- Dayton, Ohio
- Tulsa / Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Toronto, Ontario
- Portland, Oregon
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Providence, Rhode Island
- Saskatoon / Regina, Saskatchewan
- Edinburgh / Glasgow, Scotland
- Columbia & Charleston, South Carolina
- Spartanburg & Greenville, South Carolina
- Knoxville, Tennessee
- Memphis / Nashville, Tennessee
- Houston, Texas
- El Paso, Texas
- San Antonio / Austin, Texas
- Dallas, Texas
- Salt Lake City, Utah
- Fairfax / Dulles / McLean / Herndon / Reston, Virginia
- Richmond / Alexandria / Arlington, Virginia
- Virginia Beach / Norfolk, Virginia
- Tacoma / Seattle, Washington
- Charleston, West Virginia
- Madison / Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Windows Communication Foundation Training: Introduction to WCF with Visual Basic
view class outline
WCF with Visual Basic Training Overview
Accelebrate's Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) training teaches Microsoft's new framework for building distributed systems. It unifies and builds on the diverse set of existing distribution mechanisms, which include ASP.NET Web services and .NET Remoting. WCF enables developers to produce highly configurable, secure, reliable and transactional services using a single simplified programming model. And since WCF supports the WS-* series of Web service standards, it enables simple interoperation with other platforms and technologies.
Location and Pricing
Most Accelebrate courses are taught on-site at our clients' locations worldwide for groups of 3 or more attendees and are customized to their specific needs. Please visit our client list to see organizations for whom we have recently delivered training. These courses can also be delivered as live, private online classes for groups that are geographically dispersed or wish to save on the instructor's or students' travel expenses. To receive a customized proposal and price quote private training at your site or online, please contact us.
In addition, some courses are available as live, online classes for individuals. To see a schedule of online courses, please visit http://www.accelebrate.com/online_training/?action=category&page=winforms.
WCF with Visual BasicTraining Prerequisites
Students should have a good working knowledge of building .NET applications with VB.NET. Prior knowledge of building .NET web services would also be an advantage.
This WCF training class is 70% hands-on, 30% lecture, with the longest lecture segments lasting 20 minutes.
WCF with Visual Basic Training Materials
All WCF training students receive more than 300 pages of comprehensive courseware and a related textbook.
Software Needed on Each Student PC
- Windows XP with at least 2GB RAM or Windows Vista or 7 with at least 3GB RAM
- Visual Studio 2008 or 2010, with the latest service packs and with SQL Server Express enabled
- If you have purchased this class, please contact us for more detailed setup specifications
WCF with Visual Basic Training Objectives
All attendees will learn how to:
- Build and call WCF services.
- Host WCF services using Web servers and managed applications.
- Configure service endpoints in code and in configuration files.
- Use the WCF-supplied bindings as well as create custom bindings.
- Manage service and data contracts.
- Handle exceptions in WCF services.
- Monitor and diagnose WCF services at runtime.
- Implement three different message exchange patterns.
- Maintain state in WCF services.
- Add transactions support to a WCF services.
- Authenticate callers of a service and restrict their access based on roles.
- Expose a workflow as a WCF service and call a WCF service from within a workflow.
- Build WCF services that support REST.
- Build WCF services that generate RSS and Atom feeds.
WCF with Visual Basic Training Outline
- Introduction to WCF
- Review the Challenges of Building Distributed Applications
- Examine the Concept of Service Oriented Application
- See a High Level Overview of Windows Communication Foundation
- Build and Host your First WCF Service
- Hosting and Calling WCF Services
- Understand how to Host a WCF Service
- Understand how Clients Communicate with Services
- See how to Host and Call a Service using Multiple Bindings
- See how to Configure Endpoint in Code and in Configuration Files
- Bindings and Contracts
- Understand how to Work with Bindings
- Explore how to Create Service and Data Contracts
- See the Implications of Modifying Service and Data Contracts
- Exceptions, Diagnostics and Message Patterns
- Learn how to Handle Exceptions in WCF Services
- See Techniques for Diagnosing Services
- Explore One-Way and Duplex Communication
- Sessions and Transactions
- See how to use Sessions to Maintain State in WCF Services
- Explore Options for Controlling the Lifetime of a Service Instance
- Learn how to Add Transactions Support to a WCF Service
- WCF Security
- Explore the Basics of WCF Security
- See how to Authenticate Callers of a Service
- See how to Authorize Callers Based on Roles
- Workflow Services
- Learn how to Expose a Workflow as a WCF Service
- See how to Call a WCF Service from a Workflow
- Understand how to Build a Stateful Workflow Service
- RESTful Services and Syndication
- Explore how to Build WCF Services that Support Representational State Transfer (REST)
- See how to Build WCF Services that Create RSS and Atom Feeds
Java® and all Java-based marks are registered trademarks of the Oracle Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
Focuses on You!
Accelebrate’s courses are taught for private groups of 3 or more people at your site or online anywhere worldwide.
Don't settle for a "one size fits all" public class! Have Accelebrate deliver exactly the training you want, privately at your site or online, for less than the cost of a public class.
For pricing and to learn more, please contact us via information request form or phone, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org today.
| This was a fantastic experience and fit our needs exactly. Thanks! We will be contacting you for more training soon.