Please contact us
for GSA pricing.
Recent Training Venues
Accelebrate has recently trained for clients in the following cities:
- Huntsville, Alabama
- Montgomery / Birmingham, Alabama
- Anchorage, Alaska
- Edmonton & Calgary, Alberta
- Phoenix, Arizona
- Tucson, Arizona
- Fayetteville / Little Rock, Arkansas
- Amsterdam, The Netherlands / Brussels, Belgium
- Vancouver, British Columbia
- Oakland / San Jose / San Francisco, California
- Sacramento, California
- San Diego, California
- Orange County / Los Angeles, California
- Boulder / Colorado Springs / Denver, Colorado
- Washington, DC
- Wilmington, Delaware
- Manchester / London, England
- Orlando, Florida
- Fort Lauderdale / Miami, Florida
- Jacksonville, Florida
- Saint Petersburg / Tampa, Florida
- Alpharetta & Atlanta, Georgia
- Augusta & Savannah, Georgia
- Boise, Idaho
- Chicago, Illinois
- Indianapolis, Indiana
- Cedar Rapids / Des Moines, Iowa
- Dublin, Ireland
- Wichita, Kansas
- Lexington / Louisville, Kentucky
- Baton Rouge/New Orleans, Louisiana
- Portland, Maine
- Hagerstown & Frederick, Maryland
- Annapolis / Baltimore, Maryland
- Boston / Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Hartford, Connecticut / Springfield, Massachusetts
- Ann Arbor / Detroit, Michigan
- Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Saint Paul / Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Jackson, Mississippi
- St. Louis, Missouri
- Kansas City, Missouri
- Lincoln / Omaha, Nebraska
- Reno and Las Vegas, Nevada
- Fredericton / Moncton / Saint John, New Brunswick
- Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Princeton, New Jersey & Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Albany, New York
- Buffalo, New York
- White Plains / New York City, New York
- Charlotte, North Carolina
- Durham / Raleigh, North Carolina
- Canton / Akron, Ohio
- Cincinnati, Ohio
- Cleveland & Columbus, Ohio
- Dayton, Ohio
- Tulsa / Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Toronto, Ontario
- Portland, Oregon
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Providence, Rhode Island
- Saskatoon / Regina, Saskatchewan
- Edinburgh / Glasgow, Scotland
- Columbia & Charleston, South Carolina
- Spartanburg & Greenville, South Carolina
- Knoxville, Tennessee
- Memphis / Nashville, Tennessee
- Houston, Texas
- El Paso, Texas
- San Antonio / Austin, Texas
- Dallas, Texas
- Salt Lake City, Utah
- Fairfax / Dulles / McLean / Herndon / Reston, Virginia
- Richmond / Alexandria / Arlington, Virginia
- Virginia Beach / Norfolk, Virginia
- Tacoma / Seattle, Washington
- Charleston, West Virginia
- Madison / Milwaukee, Wisconsin
XML Schema Training
view class outline
XML Schema Training Overview
Accelebrate's XML Schema course gives the student who knows the fundamentals of XML a detailed introduction to the XML Schema standard for defining document type information.
Location and Pricing
Most Accelebrate courses are taught on-site at our clients' locations worldwide for groups of 3 or more attendees and are customized to their specific needs. Please visit our client list to see organizations for whom we have recently delivered training. These courses can also be delivered as live, private online classes for groups that are geographically dispersed or wish to save on the instructor's or students' travel expenses. To receive a customized proposal and price quote private training at your site or online, please contact us.
In addition, some courses are available as live, online classes for individuals. To see a schedule of online courses, please visit http://www.accelebrate.com/online_training/?action=course&page=XSD101.
XML Schema Training Prerequisites
Prior knowledge of XML.
This XML Schema training class is 70% hands-on, 30% lecture, with the longest lecture segments lasting for 15 minutes. Students "learn by doing," with immediate opportunities to apply the material they learn to real-world problems.
XML Schema Training Materials
More than 250 pages of comprehensive courseware and a copy of Definitive XML Schema.
Software Needed on Each Student PC
- A validating XML editor of your choice. We'd be delighted to advise you on selecting the appropriate tool.
XML Schema Training Objectives
After this training, attendees shall be able to:
- Develop XML Schema to express precise type information for an XML document.
- Associate schema with XML instance documents.
- Validate instance documents against associated schema.
- Define simple types, and use value restrictions and enumerations to constrain values.
- Define list types and union types.
- Create complex types, including simple types and other complex types, and empty- and mixed-content types.
- Define element and attribute groups for better reuse and more maintainable schema.
- Associate elements of different types using keys and key references.
- Create derived simple and complex types using restriction and/or extension.
- Develop hierarchies of reusable complex types using type extension.
- Populate multiple namespaces using schema, and import and use those namespaces in valid instance documents.
- Design schema that maximize validation capabilities and type reuse.
- Use XSLT as an additional stage of document validation, to catch patterns that XML Schema cannot be used to express.
XML Schema Training Outline
- Getting Started with XML Schema
- What is an XML schema?
- Schemas vs. DTDs
- Structure of a Schema
- Associating Schema with Documents
- Types of Types
- Defining Elements
- Defining Complex Types
- Simple Types
- Simple and Atomic Types
- Built-In Types
- Numeric Derived Types
- String Derived Types
- Simple Type Restriction
- Value Ranges
- Nillable Values
- Complex Types
- Model Groups
- Sequences, Conjunctions, and Disjunctions
- Occurrence Constraints
- Global and Local Definitions
- Defining Attributes
- Empty, Any, and Mixed Content
- Model Group Definitions
- Attribute Group Definitions
- Keys and Key References
- Schema as Object Models
- UML for XML
- Identity Constraints
- Asserting Uniqueness
- Keys and Key References
- Controlling Association Cardinality
- Reusing Schema Types
- Type Specialization
- Extending Complex Types
- Using Extended Types
- Derivation by Restriction
- Abstract Types
- Substitution Groups
- "Complete" Specialization (The final Attribute)
- Namespaces and Schema
- Using Namespaces in Documents
- Populating a Namespace
- Qualified and Unqualified Locals
- Multiple Namespaces in Schema
- Importing and Including Schema
- Multiple Schema per Namespace
- Validating by Namespace (Wildcards)
- Using Schema in XML Applications
- Schema Design Issues
- Type Granularity
- Ease of Parsing, Transformation, Presentation and Maintenance
- Mapping from Object Models
- Mapping from Database Schema
- Foreign-Key Relationships
- XSLT for Validation
- Application Validation
Java® and all Java-based marks are registered trademarks of the Oracle Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
MySQL™ and all MySQL-based marks are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sun Microsystems, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the U.S. and other countries.
Focuses on You!
Accelebrate’s courses are taught for private groups of 3 or more people at your site or online anywhere worldwide.
Don't settle for a "one size fits all" public class! Have Accelebrate deliver exactly the training you want, privately at your site or online, for less than the cost of a public class.
For pricing and to learn more, please contact us via information request form or phone, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org today.
| I came away from this class with a good ability to read and understand an XML schema. After just two days, I feel comfortable working with schemas and know this will help me greatly as I encounter them in the future. Thank you.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
| Very useful class for any level of XML analyst or developer. My knowledge improved substantially over the last 48 hours.”