SharePoint 2013 Training Overview
This Microsoft 20489 Training course, Developing Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 Advanced Solutions Training, teaches SharePoint developers everything they need to know to implement SharePoint solutions. Attendees learn using Enterprise Search, Managed Metadata Service (MMS), Business Connectivity Services (BCS), Enterprise Content Management (ECM), Web Content Management (WCM), Social Computing features, and SharePoint Apps.
Location and Pricing
Most Accelebrate courses are delivered as private, customized, on-site training at our clients'
locations worldwide for groups of 3 or more attendees and are custom tailored to their specific needs.
Please visit our client list to see organizations for whom we have delivered private in-house training.
These courses can also be delivered as live, private online classes for groups that are geographically
dispersed or wish to save on the instructor's or students' travel expenses. To receive a customized
proposal and price quote for private training at your site or online, please contact us.
In addition, some courses are available as live, online classes for individuals.
See a schedule of online courses.
SharePoint 2013 Training Objectives
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the apps for SharePoint development platform.
- Use the client-side object models and the REST API to communicate with SharePoint.
- Configure security for apps for SharePoint.
- Optimize the performance of apps for SharePoint.
- Explain the capabilities and applications of managed metadata in SharePoint 2013.
- Automate the creation and configuration of managed metadata term sets.
- Interact with managed metadata term sets and fields from client-side and server-side code.
- Describe the SharePoint 2013 Search Architecture.
- Build simple and advanced KQL Queries.
- Describe the SharePoint Search Index.
- Describe and work with crawled and managed properties.
- Describe the levels and security of the SharePoint Search Schema.
- Create various types of result sources
- Create basic and complex query transforms
- Configure query rule conditions and actions to target query intent
- Create and modify result types
- Create and modify display templates
- Utilize display templates with various search web parts
- Add managed properties as refiners with counts
- Utilize entity extraction in your crawls
- Extend content processing with Content Enrichment
- Describe how to utilize the Publishing API to access publishing settings and content.
- Describe how to use and customize page content controls in publishing sites.
- Configure website structure and navigation.
- Describe the difference between structured and metadata navigation.
- Utilize basic publishing features of SharePoint.
- Use the new cross-site publishing features of SharePoint 2013.
- Configure and implement variations for multilingual sites.
- Configure search engine optimization settings.
- Add SEO Properties to publishing pages and Managed Navigation terms.
- Configure caching to improve site rendering performance.
- Optimize site assets and resources to maximize performance.
- Describe the key components of Business Connectivity Services in SharePoint Server 2013.
- Create and configure BDC models by using SharePoint Designer.
- Create and configure BDC models by using Visual Studio 2012.
- Describe BCS Connector Framework scenarios.
- Design and Develop BCS Connector stereotyped operations.
- Design and Configure BDC model security.
- Optimize Search Connector crawl performance.
- Use Visual Studio to build BDC Models for Search.
- Deploy BDC Search connectors.
- Debug and troubleshoot your search connectors.
- Design and deploy BDC event subscriber methods.
- Describe how to format event notification messages.
- Configure alerts and event receivers on external lists.
- Explain how user profile data is used in SharePoint.
- Describe the options and restrictions for accessing user profile data.
- Use client-side code to access and server-side code to access and update user profile data.
- Configure and manage user profile properties.
- Describe how to identify, diagnose, and remove bugs in SharePoint apps during development.
- Describe how to record information about issues that arise in deployed SharePoint apps.
- Describe how developers optimize the performance of SharePoint apps by implementing best practices, measuring performance, and load testing.
SharePoint 2013 Training Outline
Expand All | Collapse All | Printer-Friendly
Creating Robust and Efficient Apps for SharePoint
- Apps for SharePoint
- Communicating with SharePoint from an App
- Authenticating and Authorizing Apps for SharePoint
- Designing Apps for Performance
Developing Managed Metadata Solutions
- Managed Metadata
- Configuring Managed Metadata Term Sets
- Working with Managed Metadata Fields
Interacting with the Search Service
- SharePoint 2013 Search Service
- Building Search Queries with KQL and FQL
- Executing Search Queries from Code
Customizing the Search Experience
- Customizing Query Processing
- Customizing Search Results
- Configuring Result Types and Display Templates
- Customizing Content Processing
Implementing Enterprise Content Management
- Working with eDiscovery
- Working with Content Management
- Automating Records Management
Developing a Publishing Site for Web Content
- Programming with the Web Content Publishing API
- Developing Page Components for Web Content Publishing
Structuring and Publishing Websites for All Users
- Website Structure and Navigation
- Publishing Content
- Publishing to Mobile Devices
- Multi-language sites using Variations
Developing Optimized Internet Sites
- Optimizing a SharePoint Site for Search Engines
- Optimizing Performance and Scalability
Working with Business Connectivity Services
- Business Connectivity Services in SharePoint 2013
- Creating BDC Models in SharePoint Designer
- Creating BDC Models in Visual Studio 2012
Creating Advanced Business Data Connectivity Models
- Configuring BDC Models for Search
- Developing Custom Connectivity Components
- Working with External Events and Notifications
Working with Business Data In Client Applications
- Working with Business Data in Composite Solutions
- Working with Business Data in Custom Solutions
- Working with Business Data in Client Applications
Managing and Accessing User Profile Data
- User Profile Data in SharePoint 2013
- Options for Accessing User Profile Data
- Managing User Profile Data
- Managing User Profile Properties
Developing Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 Advanced Solutions
- Overview of the Social Workload
- Developing Social Solutions
- Working with Feeds
Monitoring and Troubleshooting Custom SharePoint Solutions
- Debugging SharePoint Apps in Visual Studio
- Diagnosing Faults in Deployed Apps
- Testing Performance and Scalability
All students must have:
- Completed course 20488A: Developing Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 Core Solutions (or equivalent knowledge).
- A working knowledge of using Visual Studio 2010 or Visual Studio 2012 to develop solutions.
- A basic working knowledge of SharePoint solution development, either in SharePoint 2013 or in earlier versions of SharePoint.
- A working knowledge of Visual C# and the .NET Framework 4.5.
- A basic understanding of ASP.NET and server-side web development technologies, including request/response and the page lifecycle.
All Microsoft training students receive Microsoft official courseware.
Attendees will not need to install any software on their computer for this class. The class will be conducted in a remote environment that Accelebrate will provide; students will only need a local computer with a web browser with a stable Internet connection. Any recent version of Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Google Chrome will be fine.
When you call us about purchasing this class, we will provide a live demo of the online lab environment so that you may explore the web browser interface in more detail.