Advanced Oracle 12c PL/SQL Training Overview
Accelebrate's Oracle Database 12c PL/SQL Advanced Programming & Tuning training course teaches students how to use the advanced PL/SQL features to build powerful and adaptable database applications. Attendees also learn performance tuning techniques and how to implement critical security measures.
Location and Pricing
Accelebrate offers instructor-led enterprise training for groups of 3 or more online or at your site. Most Accelebrate classes can be flexibly scheduled for your group, including delivery in half-day segments across a week or set of weeks. To receive a customized proposal and price quote for private corporate training on-site or online, please contact us.
In addition, some courses are available as live, online classes for individuals.
See a schedule of online courses.
- Invoke external procedures and integrate these into PL/SQL applications. These include external Java classes using the JDBC interface and external C programs contained within DLL libraries.
- Use dynamic SQL to extend the functionality and flexibility of database programs, including the DBMS_SQL() system-supplied package for maximum flexibility.
- Identify SQL injection attack vulnerabilities within an application and apply countermeasures to address security risks and protect against hacking.
- Incorporate collections and other advanced types into application logic to increase efficiency and execution speed.
- Work with LOBs, including piece-wise data manipulation and dynamic modification of SecureFiles storage options.
- Expand database application functionality with advanced system-supplied database utility packages, integrate applications with external mail systems, database internals, and other facilities.
- Tune with the DBMS_PROFILER() system-supplied package and debug with the DBMS_TRACE() system-supplied package.
- Write efficient PL/SQL code and avoid common coding mistakes.
- Enable native compilation and execution of all database-resident program units.
- Control and manage PL/SQL compilation for high-efficiency execution.
- Analyze PL/SQL code structure by means of the PL/Scope facility.
- Analyze PL/SQL application performance and tune bottlenecks using the PL/SQL Hierarchical Profiler.
- Implement fine-grained security mechanisms as part of an advanced security model using application contexts and the Oracle virtual private database (VPD).
- Work with dynamic partitioning and DML parallelization using the system-supplied package DBMS_PARALLEL_EXECUTE().
- Use the wrap utility to hide the source code of database-resident programs, even from the owner or authorized users of the programs.
Students should have taken Accelebrate's Introduction to Oracle 12c SQL Programming training and Introduction to Oracle 12c PL/SQL training or have equivalent experience.
Expand All | Collapse All
Advanced Programming: Why Needed & PL/SQL Execution Internals
- Why Advanced Programming?
- SQL & PL/SQL Execution Internals
- SQL & PL/SQL PGA Internals
Advanced Programming: Dynamic SQL
- Advantages Of Dynamic SQL
- Native Dynamic SQL
- Dynamic SQL Using DBMS_ SQL()
Advanced Programming: Using Collections
- About Collections
- Bulk Bind Using Collections
- About SQL%BULK_ROWCOUNT()
- About SQL%BULK_EXCEPTIONS()
- Collection Methods
- More About Returning Clause
- Advanced Collection Features
- In Indices Of Clause
- In Values Of Clause
Advanced Programming: Java & C Interface Methods
- Advanced Program Interfaces
- Calling Java Classes
- Calling C Programs
System-Supplied Packages: DBMS_METADATA() – Part I
- Why Retrieve Object Definitions?
- Retrieving Default Metadata
- Retrieving Customized Metadata
- Using SET_COUNT()
- Using ADD_TRANSFORM()
- Using FETCH DDL()
- Calling FETCH_DDL()
System-Supplied Packages: DBMS_METADATA() – PART II
System-Supplied Packages: DBMS_METADATA() – Part III
- Fetch CLOB()
- SET_FILTER() Dependent Objects
- Primary & Dependent Object DDL
System-Supplied Packages: DBMS_REDEFINITION()
- About Table Redefinition
- Using DBMS_REDEFINITION()
System-Supplied Packages: DBMS_LOB()
- Working With External BFILES
- Working With Internal LOBS
- Dynamic SecureFile Options
High-Performance: Advanced System-Supplied Packages
- Compression & UTL_COMPRESS()
High Performance: Programming & Coding Techniques
- Autonomous Transactions
- Using Nocopy For Parameters
- Choosing The Optimum Data Type
- About Not Null
- Useful PL/SQL Coding Techniques
- Handling String Literals
- User-Defined SQL Functions
High Performance: Influencing Oracle PL/ SQL Compilation
- PL/SQL Compiler Optimization
- PL SQL_Optimize_Level
- Controlling Compilation Messages
- PL/SQL Native Execution
- Wrapping Source Code
High Performance: Dynamic Partitioning & Parallelization
- Dynamic Partitioning (Chunks)
- Creating & Processing Chunks
- Monitoring Chunk Processing
High Performance: Using PL/Scope For Code Analysis
- Configuring PL/Scope
- Using PL/Scope Data High Performance: Tuning With The Hierarchical Profiler
- What Is The Hierarchical Profiler?
- Configuring The Profiler
- Managing Profiler Runs
- Analyzing Profiler Data
- Interpreting The Results
- High Performance: Debugging With DBMS_TRACE()
- Using The Trace Facility
- DBMS_TRACE() To Manage Runs
- Examining The Trace Data
- Event_Kind Values
Application Security: SQL Injection Attacks
- Understanding The Threat
- Applying Countermeasures
Application Security: Virtual Private Databases
- Understanding VPDs
- Preparing For a VPD
- Configuring a VPD
- Managing Application Contexts
- Managing Policies & Security Rules
All students receive comprehensive courseware and a related textbook.
- At least 3 GB RAM; we strongly recommend 8 GB RAM or more
- A complete installation of Oracle 12c
- Oracle SQL Developer
- Please contact us for detailed setup instructions if you have purchased this class.